[Solved] Widgets
Is there any way to be able to use custom widgets like in other skins.
For an example, use a certain movie addon and point the shortcut to that addons featured movies, etc.
Also, is there a way to get widgets to be able to display in vertical panels instead of a small list?
Hi JuggZaPoppiN.

(2016-06-27, 23:19)JuggZaPoppiN Wrote: Is there any way to be able to use custom widgets like in other skins.
For an example, use a certain movie addon and point the shortcut to that addons featured movies, etc.

It's a good idea.

No promises, but I can look into it. Which other skins do you refer to?

(2016-06-27, 23:19)JuggZaPoppiN Wrote: Also, is there a way to get widgets to be able to display in vertical panels instead of a small list?

Not at this moment.

On my very long to-do-list I have a note about horizontal contents (poster / thumb lists) of widgets.

But to be honest, it's not a very high priority. Smile

Cheers
Gade
Thanks for the quick reply.
Skins like Titan, and mimic use both of these features.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3JQmZwAiHq4/maxresdefault.jpg
https://seo-michael.co.uk/content/images...ured-1.png

These 2 features would make this skin 1 of the best out there.
Skins which provide this feature increasingly use the Skin Shortcuts script to do so. However, I appreciate that replacing the current menu management with this script isn't the right solution for every skin.

Having said that, I believe a number of skinners who don't want to use the scripts whole menu-management features aren't aware of the Just Select features that the script provides - these can be used to simply select a widget (or a menu item) and pass its details back to the skin so that the actual management of the menu is still done as-is, merely the way the item is selected is changed.

Just one option to consider if you do decide to implement this feature, and please let me know if you have any queries regarding it Smile

Edit:- Though full disclosure (as someone who actually doesn't use the Just Select feature for widgets, but based on a couple of reports that I've received - and, if they are 100% accurate, there's nothing we can do script-side about this at present - widgets based on addons use a reload property added to the URI for that widget (either provided by the widget themselves or added by the script) to force Kodi to reload the widget when necessary. Reports say, though, that these don't work when the widget paths are saved to skin strings - so using the Just Select method may mean that whilst addons are easily addable as widgets, they may not automatically update after media is played.
Hi guys.

Thanks for the details and thanks a lot Bob for pointing me in the right direction. You're right that I wasn't aware of the Just Select feature.

I will look into this right now to see if it's possible in an easy way to implement into Rapier.

Btw, the only reason Rapier doesn't use the Skin Shortcuts script is that everything is coded from the bottom into the skin. And it was like that from before I took over the skin.
Update: I will add it, but only for Krypton / Rapier 10.x

@Bob: A thing I noticed is that I'm not prompted in the end to enter a title for the widget.

When selecting a widget in Mimic or Titan I'm prompted to add a title in the end, but the Just Select widget feature will use the default name (eg. "ExtendedInfo Script - In-cinema movies").

Is this a limitation when using the Just Select feature?

Code example:
Code:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=widgets&showNone=False&skinWidgetName=Custom4PanelCustomBottomWidgetName&
skinWidgetTarget=Custom4PanelCustomBottomWidgetTarget&skinWidgetPath=Custom4PanelCustomBottomWidgetPath)
(2016-06-28, 11:05)Gade Wrote: Hi guys.

Thanks for the details and thanks a lot Bob for pointing me in the right direction. You're right that I wasn't aware of the Just Select feature.

I will look into this right now to see if it's possible in an easy way to implement into Rapier.

Btw, the only reason Rapier doesn't use the Skin Shortcuts script is that everything is coded from the bottom into the skin. And it was like that from before I took over the skin.

Cant wait. I love the look and feel of your skin.
If you use Kodi Krypton, you can install my development repo. I'll push this update to my repo soon.

It will only be added for Krypton / Rapier 10.x

(2016-06-28, 15:39)Gade Wrote: @Bob: A thing I noticed is that I'm not prompted in the end to enter a title for the widget.

When selecting a widget in Mimic or Titan I'm prompted to add a title in the end, but the Just Select widget feature will use the default name (eg. "ExtendedInfo Script - In-cinema movies").

Is this a limitation when using the Just Select feature?

Yes, it's a limitation that was decided on because the rename just isn't in the code path that is taken when using the Just Select methods and the widget can be renamed skin side via a Skin.SetString if desired.
Great, thanks for getting back. Makes sense Smile
Hello,

is there a way to use this feature? If yes how?
Absolutely. It's added from Kodi Krypton and forward and works for all custom categories.

Go to Skin Settings > Home > Category Menu > Add more categories / 2 / 3 / 4
Find the section for widgets and select "Custom" - in the bottom of the dialog.
You can now select a custom top widget and a custom bottom widget. Or only top or bottom.
After that you can give the top and bottom widget a name and select aspect for the thumbs.

Here you can find details on adding a custom category.
Thanks Gade.
I did it according to your instructions. But the widget view is the same as usual. I thought there is a way to get widgets to be able to display in vertical panels instead of a small list.
The layout is the same: a vertical list with an image to the right.

The new feature is that you can completely customize both widgets for every custom category.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] Widgets0