OUYA - Android/Kodi ONLY PLEASE!
I have an OUYA. I want to update to the latest Kodi release.
Is there a way, since I do not play the OUYA games, to install/update to Android ONLY platform and install the latest Kodi release based on that platform?
Thanks Russ
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_on_OUYA
no, I don't mean that. Only Android is installed, not OUYA for Android, and Kodi on top of Android. NO OUYA based android.
Thanks
Same link.
don't think your getting it. Just want a boot up of Kodi.
You want to upgrade to a newer Android OS so you can install Kodi v15 or higher?
no. I want to put the latest copy of Android, as an operating system and then add Kodi only, and if possible boot just to Kodi.
Same different, link provided.
(2016-06-29, 23:54)RustyTheCat Wrote: don't think your getting it. Just want a boot up of Kodi.
don't think you are getting it
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Cya...od_on_OUYA

There's some better guides out there that have since been made. Google "OUYA CyanogenMod". That will let you run Kodi v16.1. Kodi v17 will need an even newer Android OS than the current CM for OUYA, though. Unless a newer one was done that I didn't notice (which is very likely).
ok, guess there's no one out there who can answer this, especially the smart ass Aussie. To you, cheers! I'll put up with the OUYA Android OS then. Thanks to all who "didn't get it".
(2016-06-30, 22:12)RustyTheCat Wrote: ok, guess there's no one out there who can answer this, especially the smart ass Aussie. To you, cheers! I'll put up with the OUYA Android OS then. Thanks to all who "didn't get it".
You're not getting the fact that we all got it. Multiple people gave you the answer you're looking for. But you didn't get that either.

The wiki post tells you how to update the android os on your device (not ouya for android, but cyanogen, which is a fork of android and your only chance). Then you can install kodi (only kodi if you want). Then you can install another app that makes your ouya launch kodi on startup (various apps available).
there's nothing to put just an android platform on there, like ARM (on a previous device I had) and then just have KODI boot up?
FFS man that's exactly what the link allows you to do!! You have been pointed to the exact answer you are looking for 3 times already.
Cyanmod is vanilla android os (or android "platform" since you seem to have trouble understanding)
If OP don't get it by now, he's gonna have a very hard time doing the mod.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OUYA - Android/Kodi ONLY PLEASE!1