RSS location in NTSC
i have been building xmbc for a few weeks now, and i have noticed that the rss feed would not display on the screen. the problem seems to be the location in the home.xml file (under ntsc dir) is set to a y position of 520. on april 10th tslayer changed the y position to 420 and then the rss reader displayed (and i love it).

however, then he quickly changed it back to 520 with a comment "reverting posy back to 520. fix needs to occur in skin loading it seems."

so, i thought i would look into fixing this problem (as i have ntsc, i should be able to ensure it looks good). so, i was wondering if anyone knew why this had to be changed back? was there a display bug because of this change?

i looked at the scalerectoscreenresolution function in graphiccontext.cpp and my screenheight is 480, and the resolution height is 480, so my y coordinates are being scaled by 1 (so nothing changes after scale is seems). so, the posy doesn't change and 520 is well off my screen.

any info would be great. thanks. Smile
the files in the ntsc directory are incorrect - they've been set up for pal not ntsc. if you delete those files you should find the skin works much better in ntsc (as it'll read the pal files and rescale them).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(butcher @ april 15 2004,16:04 Wrote:the files in the ntsc directory are incorrect - they've been set up for pal not ntsc. if you delete those files you should find the skin works much better in ntsc (as it'll read the pal files and rescale them).
is this something that is recommended as a fix? or is that a hack until the ntsc files are proper?
both.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

cool. it looks like shadow_mx checked in a fix for the entire ntsc file...

thanks!
moving to "bug discussion"
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RSS location in NTSC0