• 1(current)
Android KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2016) based on Android TV
Hello,
I open this thread so as not to create confusion on the other thread "Android - KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV"
I own the xd93 model. Is there anyone who has properly configured kodi for viewing 4k-videos and large files without buffering problems or stuttering?
Thanks, nice to see some discussion on the 2016 versions.

How do you find the 1080p performance?
Hi,
I bought SONY XD930D 65" TV 2016. It is a very good TV with Android.
This is my TV: http://www.sony.com/electronics/televisi...ifications
I'd like to install Kodi to watch only UHD videos (4K). Usually I shot documentaries with my 4K videocamera and then I'd like to watch the best video quality on the TV.
I'm inexperienced totally about Kodi. What file do I have to download precisely to watch the best UHD video quality on TV?
THANKS
You should be able to load them up on a USB hard drive, or a network share, and just play them right in normal Kodi (from Google Play).
(2016-07-03, 17:35)Ned Scott Wrote: You should be able to load them up on a USB hard drive, or a network share, and just play them right in normal Kodi (from Google Play).

Out of curiosity: but does Kodi work with HD videos only? In other words if I use a UHD file is Kodi scaling to 1920x1080? I have installed Kodi in another Sony Bravia and I going into its Info I read screen resolution 1920x1080.
Thanks for some info
Kodi's GUI is rendered in 1080 for performance reasons, but 4k video is always in full 4k on the Android TV platform.
(2016-07-04, 03:32)Ned Scott Wrote: Kodi's GUI is rendered in 1080 for performance reasons, but 4k video is always in full 4k on the Android TV platform.

Therefore do you mean I will watch my UHD videos in full 4k?
Thanks for your info.
Yes it should work, but not many people have tested this yet as its a very new TV.

Let us know if it works! Wink
(2016-07-04, 09:55)zag Wrote: Let us know if it works! Wink

I am able to watch 4K videos but I don't know if they are turned in 1920x1080.
Hi all,

I own the 55" XD93 model too.

Configures Kodi to connect to NFS shares on a synology NAS, and everything works great. Included big 4K filmes...

I know the interface is 1080 but how to know if 4K files are viewed in real 4K resolution?
Other question, anyone connected a Dual Shock or any other one like xiomi gamepad to this TV? Read in another forum works great for gaming. Any experience?
of course we could also discuss merging both threads as from my understanding Sony ATV 2015 & 2016 are virtually identical platforms: apart from minor differences (extended HDR support, new Displays...) the SoC & Firmware are nearly identical
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
(2016-07-10, 18:59)Hannes The Hun Wrote: of course we could also discuss merging both threads as from my understanding Sony ATV 2015 & 2016 are virtually identical platforms: apart from minor differences (extended HDR support, new Displays...) the SoC & Firmware are nearly identical

Disappointing they chip inside is the same! Sad
(2016-07-09, 20:01)jcespi2005 Wrote: Hi all,

I own the 55" XD93 model too.

I know the interface is 1080 but how to know if 4K files are viewed in real 4K resolution?

Because your TV Shows ALL Content in 4k.
If you want to know, if your source is 4k, pls use "codec info" in kodi, you can easily map a key with keymap Editor to this.
If you want to know, lf your movie is real 4k, use this URL
Can 65X8505 pass the HD sound via HDMI ARC to AVR?

My AVR is Yamaha RX-A1010 which supports HDMI ARC.

I have HiMedia Q10 Pro (with Himedia Wrapper installed), so my AVR doesn't support 4K, therefore I want connecto to Media PLayer to My 65X8505 via HDMI2 and pass the sound from HDMI4/ARC to AVR.

But when I do that, Sony TV processes the sound itself and sends to AVR as surround, therefore I can not recieve TrueHD or DTS-HD sounds.

Is it possible to bypass without processing the sound from HDMI 2 to HDMI 4 directly?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2016) based on Android TV0