NextPVR no EPG data
So I deleted Kodi and started fresh again with Jarvis 16.1 and re-installed nextpvr. I have nextpvr properly configured and working on the backend (guide is working). I also have nextpvr setup with kodi and working just fine with the exception of the EPG. It searches for at every launch and scans through all the channels with no errors, but there is no EPG data when I go to the guide.

This is racking my brain because last time it just worked! I use schedules direct for EPG source...and again verified that it is working correctly on the backend...just not making it to kodi for some reason.

Thoughts?
Hi,

Just to notify that suddendly the same issue happened to me too (using ArgusTV Client). It seems that Kodi stopped to load the EPG at the startup...honestly I really don't know for which reason. So I went to TV settings and manually reset the EPG (that implies also a reload of it from the backend); it worked. Now I will check if the automatic update of the EPG will work again...
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Hello

The exact same thing has happened to me. The guide in kodi has been working great since i started using it. All of a sudden the guide was blank. The station names on the left are visible but there is no data for any of them. I can start playing any channel. The backend is nextpvr and everything work great in the nextprv client, the guide data is all there.

Am using kodi 16.1. I have tried reinstalling kodi. Tried going into settings and clearing data for guide. After clearing it would load client data again. It showed loading all the channels but when i go into the guide there is no data.

I also tried installing different versions of kodi, with the same results. I tried kodi 15 and kodi 17 alpha and beta versions. Don't know what else to do.
I had an issue with the guide being corrupted and Kodi making the NextPVR add-on disconnect from my tuner so I deleted the epg* files from the Kodi database directory. That solved my problem--- maybe deleting the epg database files would force Kodi to rebuild them and fix your issue.
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
Hi just bumping this thread after six years as your fix got my tv guide working again and here is the full path you need to take if you struggle to find how to delete the data.

Go to Settings - Pvr & Live Tv - Guide - Clear Data.

Thanks.
(2016-10-01, 04:40)snarfo Wrote: I had an issue with the guide being corrupted and Kodi making the NextPVR add-on disconnect from my tuner so I deleted the epg* files from the Kodi database directory. That solved my problem--- maybe deleting the epg database files would force Kodi to rebuild them and fix your issue.
I had this same problem when upgrading from Matrix to Nexus. Deleting the .epg database(s) fixed the problem. Deleting the data in Kodi did not fix the issue.

Although this is an old post, it still works well.
Nexus Beta 1
Aeon Nox:Silvo
Rapier 12.2.16
Nvidia Shield 2017
For a few months there was a Kodi bug and Matrix would not upgrade to Nexus but that is fixed now.

Martin
(2022-12-06, 23:48)emveepee Wrote: For a few months there was a Kodi bug and Matrix would not upgrade to Nexus but that is fixed now.

Martin

That makes sense. When I upgraded a few days ago, I did not use a nightly to update, I used Nexus Beta 1.
Nexus Beta 1
Aeon Nox:Silvo
Rapier 12.2.16
Nvidia Shield 2017
My Matrix auto updated to Nexus ( via Windows app) but EPG keeps disappearing. It initially loads but click to a TV channel then return to guide and no guide data. I have tried everything. Where do I locate the EPG file in Windows?
Shall I delete it and then re-configure Next PVR from scratch?
Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks all
ade
(2022-12-19, 10:28)Adeski Wrote: My Matrix auto updated to Nexus ( via Windows app) but EPG keeps disappearing. It initially loads but click to a TV channel then return to guide and no guide data. I have tried everything. Where do I locate the EPG file in Windows?
Shall I delete it and then re-configure Next PVR from scratch?
Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks all
ade

This is a known bug in RC1 which will be fixed with RC2+
Thanks! 👍

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR no EPG data0