v17 Alpha 2 - "CodecInfo" no longer shows display resolution
Just installed Kodi 17 Alpha 2 on Ubuntu 14.04, going pretty well.

One feature I use a lot is "CodecInfo" during playback to look at VQ/AQ, cpu and display resolution. The whole "CodecInfo" output shows significantly less information than it used to and doesn't show display resolution at all.

Has this output been removed, or does some other function now display that information during playback?
The short version of the story: A new window is being made to show that information and will show up in future alpha builds.
Fair enough. Thanks for the reply.
Keep an eye out on the v17 FAQ (wiki). Even if I only remember to do one thing on that FAQ, I will make sure it is about the codecinfo stuff ;)
I also can't wait when full info about video/audio stream will be implement in Krypton
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1
It's already in. "o" opens the new window, and the action ID is "PlayerProcessInfo".
When pressing "o" I get a "Player process info" overlay, but there is still lots of info missing that used to be there in Kodi 16. E.g. I can't see any info about the cache which was very useful when I were investigating bandwidth issues.

(This is in Kodi 17 beta1)

To me it looks like the overlay I see might be the Codec Info, should the Player Process Info contain the same info as it did in Kodi 16? But it says "Player process info" on it so...
(2016-09-05, 00:34)Glyphs Wrote: When pressing "o" I get a "Player process info" overlay, but there is still lots of info missing that used to be there in Kodi 16. E.g. I can't see any info about the cache which was very useful when I were investigating bandwidth issues.

(This is in Kodi 17 beta1)

To me it looks like the overlay I see might be the Codec Info, should the Player Process Info contain the same info as it did in Kodi 16? But it says "Player process info" on it so...

I think some information has been removed from codec info in krypton v17 compared to jarvis v16/16.1

You will know it here: [NEW] Revised Codec and Playback info overlay discussions and suggestions
Moanbag is in da place!
Some of it is still available on the new playerdebug action, but you have to assign a key yourself.
Just read the last 2 pages of the before mentioned thread.
(2016-09-05, 14:15)host505 Wrote: Some of it is still available on the new playerdebug action, but you have to assign a key yourself.
Just read the last 2 pages of the before mentioned thread.

Thanks. Still looks like it is missing some of the old info. But at least it got the cache information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alpha 2 - "CodecInfo" no longer shows display resolution0