Win Is there a sleep/timeout function?
Hey all,

Recently picked up a small miniPC running windows 10, ive installed Kodi on it and am am using tvheadend on my synology NAS to give it live TV

My main concern right now is that when the TV is turned off for the night, it is still streaming to the box, this can be problematic to bandwith when im doing an IPTV channel.

So im looking for a sleep or timeout function, something that stops the connection after an hour or two of no user input.

If such a thing exists its either in one of the three.
> Kodi's TV Settings
> Kodis TVHeadEnd Addon Settings
> TVHeadend Server settings

Id like to point out that in TVHeadend's Server settings, when i goto " Status > Connections" and close the connection, kodi instantly reconnects
Kodi is connected, because it needs to get any timer or guides updates; just because the client is connected does not mean that it is streaming. To see streams, those are listed un "subscriptions".

As long as you "Stop" playing your live stream, nothing is being streamed.
I'm not aware of anything specific, but search the screensaver addons for one that either stops video for you or allows you to run a command. Not quite what you wanted, but you could also use Windows task scheduler to send "stop" via JSON at scheduled times.
According to TVHeadend it was streaming, i installed kodi onto my pc and it wouldnt connect to any channels, saying the tuner is in use.

I found and am now using this sleep timer addon http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Sleep_Timer
But it would be nice to have this built into the TVHClient as its only needed for liveTV
I think there is a disconnect somewhere between the terms you are using to describe your situation and what you would, and the way the other users are understanding your use of the terms.

For instance, I have 3 active connections to my Tvheadend server right now: each one is a separate computer running Kodi and the pvr.hts add-on for TVH. All three are active, and none of them are streaming. (The Subscriptions and Streams tabs are both empty because nothing is recording, and no client is watching Live TV.)

Kodi itself has a built-in sleep timer. You can access it by bringing up the Power menu (bound to the "S" key in the keyboard, or the "KEY_POWER" on a remote). From there is an option by default to set a timer for Kodi to go to standby.

Without a fuller understanding of your setup, which hardware is running which versions of which software, and using the same terms that the software uses for their settings/interface, I'm afraid it's going to be difficult to give you definite answers because we're either using the same words to describe different things or different words to describe the same things.
Sorry for the confusion,

At the end of the day i just wanted a timer that will stop any playback if kodi is left idle for a set amount of time, mainly due to live streaming and wasting bandwidth if its an IPTV channel, i was curious if these functions were built into tvheadend or its kodi PVR addon, but it appears not

The power saving options built right into kodi only have the options to shutdown or hibernate the system, not simply stop any playing media and return to the main menu

The sleep timer Addon i found does not appear to work in the latest kodi 17 alpha 2 but it probably works with jarvis, the description given is exactly what im after

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a sleep/timeout function?0