OS X General Compatibility
Is there a general document that shows what Kodi versions are compatible with what OS X versions?  I can see all sort of change logs (that rarely if ever mention OS compatibility) and posts about problem with specific versions.  Perhaps there something general that is kept up to date?
Theres not, the biggest change would have been 19 that now has a minimum of 10.13. I believe Leia had a minimum of 10.9
(2021-03-26, 02:42)Fuzzard Wrote: Theres not, the biggest change would have been 19 that now has a minimum of 10.13. I believe Leia had a minimum of 10.9
Im sorry if im making a mistake by writing here.  I would like to know whether i can run kodi in my computer, its an old mac: OS X El Capitan version 10.11.1
You can run v18 or anything earlier.
[quote="Fuzzard" pid='3026321' dateline='1616778576']
You can run v18 or anything earlier.

Thanks a millón
Could you please tell me where should i download It from?
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/osx/x86_64/old/
Not sure why this basic info is so difficult to discover? (Most apps freely disclose primary requirements.)

Can you tell me KODI version(s) compatibility with MacOS 12.6?
THX!
(2021-11-12, 20:40)Dr. Angelo Wrote: Not sure why this basic info is so difficult to discover? (Most apps freely disclose primary requirements.)

Can you tell me KODI version(s) compatibility with MacOS 12.6?
THX!

if you mean macOS 10.12.6, then the latest compatible version is v18 (Leia).

The download page clearly states minimum OS requirement of the current release. Older releases are basically unsupported (no longer receive bugfixes).
My bad :0/
You are correct Sir; MacOS 10.12.6
THX!

Having troubling troubles with KODI's player, the video lags behind audio intermittently. Just wondered if Matrix might help ...but can't go beyond 10.12.6 with old macmini (2010).
Stranger things, VLC plays content perfectly. So mini's hardware is adequate. Tried messing with various PLAYBACK settings -- unsuccessfully. And processing with VTBDecoder on is just awful.

So I guess the best solution is to add VLC as an external player. I've been at this for a couple of days with no luck. Read everything at KODI WIKI about adding external players. Trying to set a path in playercorefactory.xml that works. But KODI log says VLC player doesn't exist. If I choose PLAY WITH VLC from context menu, KODI freezes, and VLC is open on the Mac desktop with a cleanup error message. Can you offer any advice on how to determine the correct <filename> path.

Please help me Obi-Wan Kenobi...

And I hope you can enjoy an interesting day!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
General Compatibility0