(2017-06-17 14:21)noels_77 Wrote:  Hello folks,
I got the same issue here:

- Macbook Air late 2010
- MacOs Sierra 10.12.5
- Nvidia 320M 256MB

- Hardware acceleration VTBDecoder : Auto
- Sync Playback to Display: Off
- Adjust display refresh rate: Off

Video plays fine windowed, in a kind of "slow motion" fashion in full screen mode (but audio is ok).

Disabling Hardware acceleration VTBDecoder fix the issue.

I started to have experience on this issue since the Kodi 17 first release.

What can I do to help ?

It's a known issue at this point that older hardware such as yours with non-Intel graphics cards will experience this issue. You can either revert to Kodi v16, or upgrade to a newer Mac model with an Intel GPU.
find quote
Pazu Offline
(2017-06-17 19:57)cybergrunge Wrote:  Just tested last RC and nightly on my 2016 MacBook Pro —> LG TV.
Still uncapable to play videos when ‘Adjust display refresh rate’ and ‘Sync playback to display’ are on, hardware acceleration on or off.
Actually, PlayerProcessInfo indicates that ‘Adjust display refresh rate’ is simply not working at all: refresh rate is still at 60fps while I try to play a 23.976 video.

Your report does not sound like the same issue reported by most people in this thread. Your 2016 MacBook Pro should have Intel GPU integrated, which means it should not experience the "choppy video playback" issue.

What exactly do you mean by, "Still uncapable"? Videos don't play at all?
find quote
Marty56 Offline
The buggy video player is not only affecting Nvidia GPUs.
On my Macbook Air (2013) having an Intel HD Graphics 5000 with 1536 MB, the release 17.x is also not working.
Interesting though on my iMac (2010) it is working.

Overall it is really sad because with the SMB bug not fixed in Kodi 16 this means that the user has to accept a critical security vulnerability in his system or stop using Kodi.
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Kodi MVP
Which gpu does the imac has. And is the macbook working any better on current kodi 18.x leia nightly builds? - also which smb bug are you refering to?

AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
find quote
Marty56 Offline
The iMac has a ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB GPU.

With respect of smb bug I recall that there was an update of Kodi couple of months ago that referred to an SMB bug.

With respect of Kodi 18.x tests. I am experiencing a loss of configuration of the Kodi 16 configuration
if I am installing another version. Do you know a way to keep my old installation working?
find quote
Marty56 Offline
I have tried the lasted Kodi 18.x test build and after enabling "allow hardware accelerator VTBDecoder the stuttering was gone.

Hurrah!
find quote
ghaiteiro Offline
(2017-07-13 21:08)Marty56 Wrote:  I have tried the lasted Kodi 18.x test build and after enabling "allow hardware accelerator VTBDecoder the stuttering was gone.

Hurrah!

That's great news! Anybody else has tried this?
find quote