• 11(current)
OS X [Mac Mini] [v17 Nightly] Choppy Video Playback
@Derek
Sorry about the way i wrote my testing results.
I've just edited my post to hopefully eliminate confusion.
Yes you are right the 1080p is shown on the TV screen. No calibrating needed.
I used SMB path to attached Hard drive into router for my library.
Hi guys,
first of all, thank you all for bringing up the issue and try to solve it. I have a MacMini, late 2009 model and are also suffering from the stuttering video issue in Krypton. The test version does not solve the problem for me. I am seriously think about reversing back to 16.1... Do we know if Leia will have this issue fixed? Thanks.
Unlikely as of the current state - I have no Idea how to tackle this without having affected hardware
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi . my imac AMD Radeon HD 6750M final 2011 , is choopy on video but choopy in gui navigation too. Not always, radomly . i don´t know how it start and how it end.
Can be it this same insue? Thanks
That is a different issue. Video is choppy bevause of decoding and not rendering
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Well count me in... I have early 09' mini, 2.0 Core Duo CPU, 8 gigs ram, SSD, Nvidia GPU 4200.

I had no issues with kodi 16, but just upgraded to 17.1, & had to disable hardware acceleration in order to watch movies.

1st Apple blocked my very capable mini from upgrading to Sierra, leaving me forever stuck on El Cap, & now this Undecided I refuse to be forced to buy a new machine.

Hopefully Kodi can resolve this?
Just to be clear, this issue will manifest on older machines running non-Intel GPUs, right? AMD Radeon (2011) machines, Nvidia (older), etc.?
As it Looks like - yeah.
Will there be a security update to Kodi 16.1 as well, seeing as many of us are unable to update to 17?
(2017-05-25, 10:28)Koyan Wrote: Will there be a security update to Kodi 16.1 as well, seeing as many of us are unable to update to 17?

Unfortunately no. Development on v16 ended over a year ago. None of the coders are current on v16 anymore. They are all eagerly working on v18.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
MacBook Post: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2576818
MacMini Post : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2574851

My MacBook using native screen is working perfectly fine with @Memphiz Test Version Kodi18
The MacMini is working perfect using HDMI to Asus Monitor.
My Testing concludes that the signal to a TV is where something goes wrong.
Maybe some other MacMini users can try a Monitor via HDMI and report results.
@kostman, I only see this problem when trying to sync to 24Hz display. If your issue is the same as mine, you wouldn't see the issue on your built-in displays because they don''t support 24Hz. Likely is the case with your ASUS monitor too.
(2017-05-25, 14:18)jingai Wrote: @kostman, I only see this problem when trying to sync to 24Hz display. If your issue is the same as mine, you wouldn't see the issue on your built-in displays because they don''t support 24Hz. Likely is the case with your ASUS monitor too.

Good Point.
When i get some time i will test some more. I have mentioned my MacMini is not hooked up to a TV as it's not my main Kodi.
I wonder what will happen if i ran Kodi using Windows 7 which i use with Bootcamp on this Machine.
I've never even thought of that before now.Huh
Hello folks,
I got the same issue here:

- Macbook Air late 2010
- MacOs Sierra 10.12.5
- Nvidia 320M 256MB

- Hardware acceleration VTBDecoder : Auto
- Sync Playback to Display: Off
- Adjust display refresh rate: Off

Video plays fine windowed, in a kind of "slow motion" fashion in full screen mode (but audio is ok).

Disabling Hardware acceleration VTBDecoder fix the issue.

I started to have experience on this issue since the Kodi 17 first release.

What can I do to help ?
Hi there.

Just tested last RC and nightly on my 2016 MacBook Pro —> LG TV.
Still uncapable to play videos when ‘Adjust display refresh rate’ and ‘Sync playback to display’ are on, hardware acceleration on or off.
Actually, PlayerProcessInfo indicates that ‘Adjust display refresh rate’ is simply not working at all: refresh rate is still at 60fps while I try to play a 23.976 video.

When my old iMac, which I hence have to use for Kodi, dies, Kodi won't be of any use in my numeric life. Sounds like a short-term fate for Kodi, as any software that cannot adapt its release cycle to new hardware. Sad.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac Mini] [v17 Nightly] Choppy Video Playback1