Trouble with VOBs on network share
I've hunted the forums and everywhere else to solve this. For years I've used a NAS device to store all my movies as VOBs in the traditional video_ts and audio_ts folder structure. I've been streaming from there with set top boxes like Patriot Box Office, etc. with no issues for years. Recently bought an Android TV box and updated to latest Kodi. No issues setting up the SMB location, setting the content type to Movies and having it scrape and update the entire library. All of the movies, cover art, etc. all show up fine. When you select a movie, it stutters a bit, does start playing, but is jittery and has no audio. When I stop a movie or select most any transport button, or even back, it freezes up the box. After a few minutes it will either crash Kodi or go back to the prior screen. I've made sure the "combine split video items" box is checked and all the other ideas noted here on the forum and elsewhere. Deleted and readded the library. Never works. Content streamed via Add-Ons all work perfectly for both audio and video. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Box is hardwired to the same hub as the Patriot Box Office, going into the same receiver, etc.
Yet you supply no debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I've tried using the instructions at the wiki page you provided. Each time an error is reported ("Kodi Log Uploader error. Check the log for more information") when I run the Log Uploader, so I've been retrying. I don't get an ID at this point either, so a bit limited at the moment. Interestingly, when I run through the exercise to replicate the issue with debugging on, I still get no sound but the system no longer hangs when I stop the video. As soon as I get the log file to upload, I'll update this post. Thank you!
You can manually gather the log and copy/paste it yourself to XBMClogs or PasteBin. Details of how to do it are in the advanced section of the wiki link.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble with VOBs on network share0