v17 [solved]Alpha 2 - Loading of playlist in music libary takes very long
My advice when testing out a new (still under development) version would be to use portable mode, I learnt that the hard way myself. You install somewhere other than "program files" on Windows as you need to be able to write to the sub-folder. Then create a shortcut with -p on the run line that uses a local folder for kodi user data and doesn't mess with your other Jarvis installation etc. I would then copy over any user stuff I wanted e.g. menu/node hierarchy, playlists, databases (to test update path and avoid rescan and scrape), before starting v17 for the first time.

Deleting cache - yes that is the folder, the *.fi files can go. Do it anytime. Old cache can cause all kinds of issues when changing version, I have chased my tail for hours because of it. If you don't go the portable route then a clean out of cache between versions is necessary.

I'm not sure this is the issue, but worth a try.

Quote:On a sidenote, with all the changes in the music library I was really expecting a rescan of my music library at the first run of Krypton but that did not happen.

No it does not force a rescan as that can really upset some people, and Kodi will work as before without one. But you will not get the benefits of the additional tags v17 handles unless you do rescan. Also your music files need to have those tags in them, another reason for not forcing the scan but letting the user initiate it if they know they want to.

My care not to disturb users means that some of the things I have added do remain hidden unless you go look for them. Something I may need to reconsider in light of testing feedback Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alpha 2 - Loading of playlist in music libary takes very long - by DaveBlake - 2016-07-06, 13:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[solved]Alpha 2 - Loading of playlist in music libary takes very long0