Setting up SMB file system
Have you checked to see there is no IP conflict, check the DHCP and maybe assign the firestick with a higher IP add.
post the debug log or else no help.
tried a variety of IPs but not sure why that would impact kodi seeing the SMB. I verified that they are not on the same IP.
As for the debug log, nothing in it points to an issue other than saying it can't connect. No error code or error statement with anything beyond connection failed, which I already knew.

To me every other device connects to the SMB. So I know that it & the network are configured correctly as at least 10 devices connect to the SMB. The issue is with Kodi. NOT sure why. It shouldn't be this hard to get it to connect to the SMB. It shows connected to the network as that is how it get's it's internet connection.
(2016-07-28, 17:08)Draxarian Wrote: As for the debug log, nothing in it points to an issue other than saying it can't connect. No error code or error statement with anything beyond connection failed, which I already knew.
So why not post it?
Well for one getting it onto a computer is a PITA. Secondly I can read. So when it shows nothing except connection failure, I know that it offers no useful info
Good luck then.
(2016-07-28, 17:59)Draxarian Wrote: Well for one getting it onto a computer is a PITA. Secondly I can read. So when it shows nothing except connection failure, I know that it offers no useful info

Half the reason for getting a log is to see your startup information, which can tell us a lot of things indirectly. Like if a database has an error, it might effect other things. Useful logs normally don't specifically say "this is wrong", but simply provide hints for those who know where to look for them.
I'll close this thread soon if there is no debug log posted.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
To be fair, getting the log off of a Fire TV stick (no USB ports) when you don't have a working file share is a PITA. Easy enough to read using something like the log reader add-on (different from the log uploaded add-on, which only works with xbmclogs.com, and doesn't always work), but getting it off the device requires something like Dropbox, ADBfire (or other ADB-medthod), etc.

Now that we've told them that the log can still contain helpful info (regardless of just the error messages) we can go from there.
That's exactly why MrMC fork added the ability to fetch the log from the webserver. It's easy to tell a user how to do this, rather than rely on some other app/server/prayer working right. We also dropped the useless debug overly that shows when debug is enabled. Too intrusive and can cause side effects in trying to figure out issues.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up SMB file system0