v17 Amber Default View
Would it be possible to have an option to set the default view? I would really like to have Low List view throughout the skin. I tried altering the MyVideoNav.xml as I did successfully on Jarvis but it does not stick exclusively to Low List view throughout the skin. If not can you guide me on how to make it happen within Amber on Krypton?
I would like this feature as part of skin settings as manually changing it every time an update is made is troublesome. Also, it should be possible to override the settings. Just my thoughts.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
From what I know Kodi uses the viewtype in the xml to try and keep the views consistent where possible, I have noticed that both the "Panel" and "Low list" views both have it set as "info". Is it mixing up these two views?

It may be possible to disable certain views with a skin setting, I'll see if that is possible for a future version.
(2016-07-07, 16:09)joethepartylion Wrote: From what I know Kodi uses the viewtype in the xml to try and keep the views consistent where possible, I have noticed that both the "Panel" and "Low list" views both have it set as "info". Is it mixing up these two views?

It may be possible to disable certain views with a skin setting, I'll see if that is possible for a future version.
It is mixing up with the List view. Curious as I have no issue with Low List view being the default view via the MyVideoNav.xml code change (line 3) in the Jarvis version. Why is the same code change not holding in the Krypton branch?

Amber/Jarvis MyVideoNav.xml: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pu1ks2ftrm6g2e...v.xml?dl=0
Amber/Krypton MyVideoNav.xml: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhspwi7x59uynl...v.xml?dl=0
Ah, I think I see the issue, for some reason Amber doesn't have a views xml tag, that should list all the different views in the order they are cycled through. If you add the tag just with a value of 54 that may work. I'm not at my pc to check right now though.
(2016-07-07, 23:41)joethepartylion Wrote: Ah, I think I see the issue, for some reason Amber doesn't have a views xml tag, that should list all the different views in the order they are cycled through. If you add the tag just with a value of 54 that may work. I'm not at my pc to check right now though.
Not sure how to add the xml tag.
New update looks really nice but still can not default to Low List view.
I've just uploaded a new commit to the Krypton4 branch which should allow you to disable any views you don't like in the skin settings. It's only working in the Video library at the moment and I haven't regression tested everything but let me know if you can test it and, if so, how you get on.

There isn't a way to set a default view unfortunately without modifying the xml like you have done before but also reordering the <views> tag so that view 54 (LowList) is the first option.
(2016-07-14, 13:11)joethepartylion Wrote: I've just uploaded a new commit to the Krypton4 branch which should allow you to disable any views you don't like in the skin settings. It's only working in the Video library at the moment and I haven't regression tested everything but let me know if you can test it and, if so, how you get on.

There isn't a way to set a default view unfortunately without modifying the xml like you have done before but also reordering the <views> tag so that view 54 (LowList) is the first option.
I did try reordering the <views> tag to no avail. It just does not work on Amber/Krypton as it does on Amber/Jarvis. Its nice to see the disabling of views but would really like to see it featured through the entire skin if at all possible. I'm back to testing the Krypton branch. So let me know if you want any specific testing done while noting that I do not use Plex or widgets. Basically using a vanilla version of the vertical home screen of Amber.
(2016-07-25, 20:29)mjbxx Wrote: Its nice to see the disabling of views but would really like to see it featured through the entire skin if at all possible.

Done in the latest Krypton5 commit
(2016-08-03, 12:38)joethepartylion Wrote:
(2016-07-25, 20:29)mjbxx Wrote: Its nice to see the disabling of views but would really like to see it featured through the entire skin if at all possible.

Done in the latest Krypton5 commit
Excellent. Confirmed with what little time I had using Krypton/Amber due to Kodi Alpha 3 crashing the Shield TV. Hope this is fixed by the time a Kodi 17 BETA is released.
Thanks for the feedback. I've had to change the implementation as it was very buggy (especially with addons) could you try the latest Krypton5 version, it now pops out a view selection box instead of cycling.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber Default View0