Missing info in network and other issues with APTV4 Kodi
lets try this again...a clean version

Hey Everyone,

So I installed kodi on my appletv 4 using both the jailbreak method through nito and sideloading.

Installations were fine and i can launch Kodi, but there area alot of things that just dont work

First and foremost (and what i think is probably causing the other issues) is that when i go in network under system info, there is alot of info missing.

Mac is 02:00:00:00:00:00:00, ip and subnet are ok but gateway, primary and secondary DNS are all blank.
Compared to my nexus player Kodi, and everything is populated properly
Tried it on two wifi netoworks, two wired networks and tethering with my phone and still the same (on both jailbreak and sideload)

The issues it's causing without getting into specifics (as i learned, sorry mods) are that it loses connection to network from time to time, certain addons are not working or populating, i cant install stuff such as skins or tools from zip or repos. Just seems like it wont make any outside connections.

again no issues on my nexus player on same network just the apple tv
I've also used two different apple tv 4, one running 9.0.1 and one 9.2
And running kodi 17

Any clues as to what can cause it?

Thanks
If the banned add-ons (wiki) are installed on your Kodi set-up, then we do not offer support. It's not a case of mentioning them here or not, it's whether they are on your system and quite possibly breaking it. We do not fix what piracy 3rd party add-on creators break.

For troubleshooting we would need a debug log (wiki) to be gathered, uploaded to pastebin or XBMCLogs (do not paste logs directly here) and the link they provide posted here. If that log is clean of banned junk then we can look at using it to assist you.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
ok, i'll do a clean install void of any banned stuff and post log

my issues is not specific add ons or anything, it's the network connection which i suspect causing all this so i'll get on it
the missing info doesn't have anything to do with your netwrok issues. They are simply missing because normally you can't access those information easily. What might work for ios doesn't seem to work for tvos in that window. Doesn't matter really because its only cosmetics. On non-jailbroken ios devices those information are also displayed in the same (missing) way.

Only on jailbroken ios devices we can query those information. If those are not shown on your jailbroken tvos device it might be due to the jailbreak or due to api changes in tvos.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing info in network and other issues with APTV4 Kodi0