Directory List
how would i go about getting a listing of the contents of a directory in python.

i want to get the names of the folders in the 'games' directory and store them in a list variable in python.

i've been reading the xbmc python doc, but have not figured this out yet. i also checked the python doc in the xbmc cvs, so i know there is no class already in the xbmc python libs to do this.

but there must be a method to get file and directory names with python!
reading must be magical or something, it's how i find all da anwsers!
------
Ubuntu 8.10 (64bit) | AMD Sempron 2600+ | ATi 2400HD Pro | Asus AE1 Barebone ---- Ubuntu 9.04RC (64bit) | AMD 5000+ | BIOSTAR TA790GX XE w/ ATi 3300
the os library builtin python will do that
thanks alot, i now know how to retrieve list from directories with:

os.listdir(path)

i took screenshots, but i cant post them just yet.
------
Ubuntu 8.10 (64bit) | AMD Sempron 2600+ | ATi 2400HD Pro | Asus AE1 Barebone ---- Ubuntu 9.04RC (64bit) | AMD 5000+ | BIOSTAR TA790GX XE w/ ATi 3300
im trying to use the get dvd state function in the xbmc lib, like so:

Quote:if xmbc.getdvdstate() == -16:

but i get the attributerror: 'module' object has no attribute ' getdvdstate'

i know i saw this in the xbmc python doc, but how do i get the state of the dvd rom drive?
------
do you have cvs build 13-04-2004 or later?

i see a mixup in your module name.... xmbc should be xbmc...
i posted this late last night so that was a typo, it is correct in the script.

i do not have xbmc 13-04-2004 build. i currently do not have .net installed on my pc, becuase i'm waiting to get a bigger hdd (only got a 20gb right now). so i have no way to complie the cvs.

ok, i went to the cvs and dowloaded the makedoc.py and ran it on my xbmc and getdvdstatus is not in the build i have. so i have to get the latest build if i want to use that function.

btw darkie i luv dat makedoc.py, it really helps. the makedoc script combined with alx5962's examples make learning python for xbmc simple.
------
darkie and i added getdvdstatus only few days ago so there's no cvs compile yet available including it.
so wait for a newer xbmc cvs build.
i'm also waiting for a new anonymous cvs build so i can use the latest python methods - can anyone who knows the right people please do some nudging?
the latest official release doesn't include our latest methods...
weird!
(b01 @ april 16 2004,04:18 Wrote:thanks alot, i now know how to retrieve list from directories with:

os.listdir(path)

i took screenshots, but i cant post them just yet.
could you post the script you created

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Directory List0