OpenGL Direct Rendering on ATI x1300
Hey all

I have an ATI X1300 gfx card. I know that Linux hates ATI for some reason (proprietary drivers etc...). ALL of the Ubuntu forums say that you can't get OpenGL direct rendering going on most ATI cards. When I run 'glxinfo' I get Direct Rendering = No. Also when I run my freshly compiled XBMC I get a segmentation fault and I'm almost postative that it is for this reason. I was able to run it after I compiled it in 2d. Woof. I need my 3d rendering. And I have tried a coupple of half-solutions and I ended up breaking my X-server . So after that babble here is my question:

Has anyone gotten OpenGL 3D direct rendering working with an ATI gfx card? Thank you for any help!

P.S. I have also ran envy already and this hasn't found the correct drivers.
Mine works fine (ATI X1600 laptop) using the ATI proprietary drivers. It doesn't have some of the niftier GL2.0 stuff available, but it <used> to work fine (haven't tested in the last week or 2)

You can grab the ATI drivers direct from their website:

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/linux...adeon.html

I haven't tried 8.40.4 as yet, and am using 8.37.* IIRC.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thank you for the quick reply jmarshall! I'll try and get these drivers going on my laptop. When it is time to get an XBMC box, I think I'm gonna go with NVidia Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenGL Direct Rendering on ATI x13000