Odd Subtitle Selection Behaviour
I'm trying to arrive at a situation where forced subs appear, if available, when subs are 'switched off'. And the regular subs appear if subs are 'switched on'. Essentially what I think of as normal player behavior.

I've been ripping my blurays to MKV using MakeMKV, including a regular subtitle track and a forced subtitle track. The forced is tagged as 'forced' and the other as 'default'. MKVToolNix seems to confirm this tagging.
Kodi sees the 2 tracks, listing 1/2 and 2/2 on the OSD menu.

What is baffling me is that with subs switched off, the underlying track selection of 1/2 or 2/2 affects whether or not the forced subs display. I thought the point of them being forced was that they'd display regardless!
If I do have the correct track selected for forced subs to appear when subs are switched off, when I then switch subs on, then I still only see forced subs. I need to switch to the other track to get full subs displaying. Switch subs off with this track selected and I get none displayed at all.

I can't see anything in advancedsettings.xml to correct this.
I've tried changing "Preferred subtitle language" in the GUI settings to none, original stream, forced only, English and English (US). This had no effect.

Any guidance?
Many Thanks.
That behavior sounds like a bug to me. Forced subs should always appear, or have their own preference of some kind that still defaults to on. At least, from a user perspective and given the intention of forced subs.
I'd have to agree.
I'm surprised it's not been mentioned before (not that I've managed to find anyway).
As nobody has anything to suggest I've opened a bug report on the tracker.

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16801

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Odd Subtitle Selection Behaviour0