• 153(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
I had everything working okay yesterday but came to open it this morning and it appears stuck on parsing xmltv and won't.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
(2018-01-17, 18:24)moshtin Wrote: I had everything working okay yesterday but came to open it this morning and it appears stuck on parsing xmltv and won't.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
 Have a look in kodi.log for an error about script.tvguide.fullscreen and a bunch of python code. Post that here.
It could be as simple as the file not being on the server or some nasty unicode bug.
(2018-01-16, 11:40)primaeval Wrote:
(2018-01-16, 05:33)Cangeoboy Wrote: Just wondering about recording programs using the guide.  I looked a bit into program scheduler and set an output folder, but not sure what else I should do.  For example if I look in the guide and see an upcoming show I want to record, is there a keyboard shortcut to press?  The menu dosen't seem to have an option to record show.
 AutoPlayWith is really record, although it could just launch an external player or script which is why I called it that.

The easiest way to set it up is in Windows. Point to an ffmpeg.exe file and set the output folder. https://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html
In the Menu use AutoPlayWith to set the scheduler for that program.

Use 8 and 9 to start and stop an instant AutoPlayWith. Stop will stop all ffmpeg processes on your device.

Here is a little bit more about it in the wiki: https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvgu...nal-player-     
WOW the best just got better! Had no idea you can record TOO! Amazing.

BUT...I am having a problem setting recording up (windows 10 - Kodi 18).

I think I followed the steps correctly:
- I already have VLC set up as an external player in playercorefactory.xml
- I copied the playwith.py, autoplaywith.py, stopwith.py and autostopwith.py to the /userdata/addon_data/scrypt.tv.guide.fullscreen directory
- I edited the playwith.py and autoplaywith.py to point to my ffmpeg.exe and download directory

Would someone kindly look at my playwith.py and tell me where I made my mistake or what I missed.

Attached is my playwith.py, (the autoplaywith.py has exactly the same 2 changes.)

Thank you

playwith.py
@doktourtv have you installed ffmeg at c:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe ?

edit - yes I see you have but the forum no longer lets us delete posts...
Thank you for the reply, and yes, it is there Smile
(2018-01-17, 18:38)doktourtv Wrote:
(2018-01-16, 11:40)primaeval Wrote:
(2018-01-16, 05:33)Cangeoboy Wrote: Just wondering about recording programs using the guide.  I looked a bit into program scheduler and set an output folder, but not sure what else I should do.  For example if I look in the guide and see an upcoming show I want to record, is there a keyboard shortcut to press?  The menu dosen't seem to have an option to record show.
 AutoPlayWith is really record, although it could just launch an external player or script which is why I called it that.

The easiest way to set it up is in Windows. Point to an ffmpeg.exe file and set the output folder. https://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html
In the Menu use AutoPlayWith to set the scheduler for that program.

Use 8 and 9 to start and stop an instant AutoPlayWith. Stop will stop all ffmpeg processes on your device.

Here is a little bit more about it in the wiki: https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvgu...nal-player-      
WOW the best just got better! Had no idea you can record TOO! Amazing.

BUT...I am having a problem setting recording up (windows 10 - Kodi 18).

I think I followed the steps correctly:
- I already have VLC set up as an external player in playercorefactory.xml
- I copied the playwith.py, autoplaywith.py, stopwith.py and autostopwith.py to the /userdata/addon_data/scrypt.tv.guide.fullscreen directory
- I edited the playwith.py and autoplaywith.py to point to my ffmpeg.exe and download directory

Would someone kindly look at my playwith.py and tell me where I made my mistake or what I missed.

Attached is my playwith.py, (the autoplaywith.py has exactly the same 2 changes.)

Thank you

playwith.py 
 The simplest way is just to set the ffmpeg.exe and download folder paths, then you don't have to deal with the scripts.

I'm on linux today so I can't test out your playwith.py script.

Whitespace is significant in python and you have got too much of it in from of "filename =" use 4 spaces instead of a tab.

The next thing is that you might need to escape the \ in the filename with \\.

You can get kodi to output what is going on in the kodi.log with a print statement if you turn on debug logging.

I might have broken something with the scripts. I haven't tried them for a long time.
Thank you for your reply
When you say:
Quote:The simplest way is just to set the ffmpeg.exe and download folder paths, then you don't have to deal with the scripts.
are you referring to the settings in the "program scheduler" section of the addon?
Would that circumvent the need for the .py scripts?
(2018-01-17, 20:16)doktourtv Wrote: Thank you for your reply
When you say:
Quote:The simplest way is just to set the ffmpeg.exe and download folder paths, then you don't have to deal with the scripts.
are you referring to the settings in the "program scheduler" section of the addon?
Would that circumvent the need for the .py scripts? 
 Yes. The Program Scheduler for AutoPlayWiths uses a fallback mechanism.
If you have set a path for ffmpeg in the Settings it will use that.
If that isn't set it will look for the script in addon_data and use that.
If that doesn't exist it will use the playercorefactory player.

I really should have made it more explicit but I was trying to be clever.
(2018-01-17, 18:38)doktourtv Wrote: Would someone kindly look at my playwith.py and tell me where I made my mistake or what I missed.

Thank you

playwith.py

python:
# Play with your own preferred player and paths
if url:
import re
name = "%s = %s = %s" % (start,channel,re.sub('[^A-Za-z0-9-]','',title))
name = name.encode("cp1252")
#filename = xbmc.translatePath("special://temp/%s.ts" % name)

filename = r"g:\dvr\%s.ts" % name # << THIS IS MY DOWNLOAD DIRECTORY

ffmpeg = r"c:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" # << THIS IS LOCATION OF MY FFMPEG.EXE

cmd = [ffmpeg, "-y", "-i", url, "-c", "copy", "-t", str(seconds), filename]

#p = Popen(cmd,shell=True)
p = Popen(cmd,shell=False)

You had a tab instead of 4 spaces before filename.

The filename needs to use the raw string format r""

It is safest to remove non ascii characters from the filename. See the re.sub command. That could be done much better for unicode titles.

If you want the ffmpeg process to work in the background  swap the commented Popen command around. ie shell=True
Thanks
It happened again tonight. I deleted every thing yesterday and set it up again and after adding the xmltv it added the channel list. I got home tonight and it's stuck on parsing again - I got this from the log:

17:47:12.093 T:3105878784 ERROR: File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/source.py", line 522, in _updateChannelAndProgramListCaches
17:47:12.097 T:3105878784 ERROR: for item in self.source.getDataFromExternal(date, ch_list, progress_callback):
17:47:12.097 T:3105878784 ERROR: File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/source.py", line 1904, in getDataFromExternal
17:47:12.097 T:3105878784 ERROR: for v in chain(self.getDataFromExternal2(self.xmltvFile, date, ch_list, progress_callback)):
17:47:12.097 T:3105878784 ERROR: File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/source.py", line 2109, in parseXMLTV
17:47:12.097 T:3105878784 ERROR: logo = getLogo(title,False,False)
17:47:12.097 T:3105878784 ERROR: File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/utils.py", line 244, in getLogo
17:47:12.098 T:3105878784 ERROR: if json and "channels" in json:
17:47:12.098 T:3105878784 ERROR: UnboundLocalError: local variable 'json' referenced before assignment
(2018-01-18, 20:19)moshtin Wrote: It happened again tonight. I deleted every thing yesterday and set it up again and after adding the xmltv it added the channel list. I got home tonight and it's stuck on parsing again - I got this from the log:

17:47:12.093 T:3105878784 ERROR: File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/source.py", line 522, in _updateChannelAndProgramListCaches
17:47:12.097 T:3105878784 ERROR: for item in self.source.getDataFromExternal(date, ch_list, progress_callback):
17:47:12.097 T:3105878784 ERROR: File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/source.py", line 1904, in getDataFromExternal
17:47:12.097 T:3105878784 ERROR: for v in chain(self.getDataFromExternal2(self.xmltvFile, date, ch_list, progress_callback)):
17:47:12.097 T:3105878784 ERROR: File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/source.py", line 2109, in parseXMLTV
17:47:12.097 T:3105878784 ERROR: logo = getLogo(title,False,False)
17:47:12.097 T:3105878784 ERROR: File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/utils.py", line 244, in getLogo
17:47:12.098 T:3105878784 ERROR: if json and "channels" in json:
17:47:12.098 T:3105878784 ERROR: UnboundLocalError: local variable 'json' referenced before assignment
 You weren't getting a reply from TheLogoDB for a channel and it crashed.
0.0.379 should fix it.

What setting have you got for TheLogoDB in Settings\Logos?

I would make a folder for your logos from TheLogoDB from Menu\Channels if I were you.
I don't know if they were just busy or refused too many connections from you.
Thank you for so much for your reply. Love the addon by the way, the wife more so. Keep up the good work
Hi,
I'm wondering is if it's possible to adjust the tvguide-timebar so it will show in front of the epg?

This is what I mean the timebar is not in front of the epg category colors:

I'm a skin creator for m-TVGuide a mod of Twinthers plugin and it would be very appreciated if there were a solution to this.
With kind regards Mariusz
mods-kodi.pl
(2018-01-24, 21:06)M89SE Wrote:
Hi,
I'm wondering is if it's possible to adjust the tvguide-timebar so it will show in front of the epg?

This is what I mean the timebar is not in front of the epg category colors:

I'm a skin creator for m-TVGuide a mod of Twinthers plugin and it would be very appreciated if there were a solution to this.
With kind regards Mariusz
mods-kodi.pl
 It needs to be done in the code, inside gui.py. The program boxes are generated by code and the timebar is drawn on top.
This is how I have done it on my guide.
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvgu...i.py#L3737
  • 153(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8