• 3(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
(2016-07-18, 18:49)MikeKL Wrote: Updated to 0.0.44 on imac running Jarvis 6.1 (Updated via Repo refresh) and now cant start TV Guide Fullscreen. Following is relevant info in kodi.log when I attempt to run v0.0.44 :-

Code:
18:25:37 T:123145304526848   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('invalid syntax', ('/Users/michaelleeson/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/gui.py', 1503, 36, "        addons = {v['addonid']:v for v in addons}.values()\n"))
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/michaelleeson/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/addon.py", line 24, in <module>
                                                import gui
                                            SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('/Users/michaelleeson/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen/gui.py', 1503, 36, "        addons = {v['addonid']:v for v in addons}.values()\n"))
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I manually removed and then re-installed repository.primaeval on rpi2 using available zip in 1st post of this thread, but I am still get same error, when I try to enter the repo on rpi2 running recent nightly build of Krypton? Kodi.log

At first glance a reckon it might be a python 2.6 issue. Most Kodi versions use python 2.7. The code it is complaining about should work on 2.6 which is why I chose it, but it looks like it doesn't.

I'll rewrite it to use some simpler code later.

Does it still work on Windows and Mac?
(2016-07-18, 22:07)MikeKL Wrote:
(2016-07-18, 08:04)primaeval Wrote: There is at least one Playlist Loader addon out there that should be able to import a playlist. I haven't tried it but you should be able to add the m3u8 in that and then Browse for it.

If not I could probably add the ability to import playlists.
Made a little progress, forgot that with kodi I can just transfer info into a channels.m3u then load file into Video folder and if this is accessed Kodi is clever enough to recognize playlist and also show all channels as a list that can be moved up/down, selecting/playing any channel directly. Cool

I also remembered that you can change extension from channels.m3u to channels.strm and again Kodi at base level recognizes list of channels within the .strm file when browsing and opening directly without any modification. Cool

So I then quickly tried to use channels.strm option in TV Guide Fullscreen to assign to a channel in guide but currently it just adds whole playlist and then plays first channel contained within playlist. (Currently no option to browse through playlist and select specific channel from it)

Perhaps this could be added within existing Channel, Setup Stream, ".strm file" option within TV Guide addon? Blush

I think I encoutered the strm problem too. When you play a strm normally you can see all the individual items but when you launch it from somewhere else it tries to play it all at once.

It should be easy enough to support m3u8 playlists anyway. They are well documented.

I better make a todo list.
(2016-07-18, 20:53)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: First off, thanks for taking the time to update this addon - Love the features you've added so far, lot's of promise!

I have a few suggestions for improvements that I'd like to see, as I use a modded version of twinther's version daily as well:

- An option to not stop the playing video when leaving the addon. I jump around in Kodi a lot, so this is huge.
- I'd love to see a PIP window instead of playing the video behind the EPG. Just creates a cleaner look for me, as it's distracting to read the EPG with a lot of channels and the fullscreen video playing in the background.
- When navigating the EPG, and at the last channel in the guide, pressing down should go back up to the top of the EPG
- Scrolling down/up through the pages of the EPG, the "loading data from external source" briefly flashes on the screen. Is there a way to hide this from appearing? It's bit distracting because it shows up and disappears so quickly.
- When the XML data isn't available for the partiuclar channel in the EPG, I liked how twinther's version said something like "No Program Available" instead of just showing up blank in the EPG.

Couple other features I'd love to see at some point:
- EPG timeline that updates automatically. Refresh at a certain interval so that the current time is always in the first spot, and the blue 'current time' bar never goes off screen.
- Ability to add fallback streams to a channel (If the first stream times out, try a secondary stream)
- A 'Previous' button. Ability to assign a hotkey to swap back and forth between two channels.

Lots of useful points there. Thanks. I'll add them all to my todo list.

I prefer the video in the background and I wanted to make more space for 16 channels at once. But I appreciate that a lot of people probably got used to and like the small window version. It shouldn't be too hard to make it configurable.

I based my version on FTV Guide with midraals Meta additions. I think some of twinters's functionality has been lost along the way as well as by some of my hacking. I'll see what I can do to tidy it up now that the new functionality generally works.

Using fallback streams could actually be a pretty powerful feature. So many tv addons come and go. The main feature of this mod is to quickly add in lots of addons with alternative streams for the same channel. Some kind of timeout and blacklist could be a good idea.
version 0.0.45

* rpi2 fix (hopefully)
* pip skin
* last page scroll fix
* less flashing on paging

I tried to make the pip version a setting rather than a skin but I couldn't find a way to make it work. The program text will have to be shrunk anyway, so maybe a new skin is the way to go.
(2016-07-19, 06:04)primaeval Wrote: version 0.0.45

* rpi2 fix (hopefully)
Still unable to install updates to TV Guide Fullscreen from your repository on rpi2 running latest Krypton builds, have even deleted then re-installed your repo, but everytime I try to connect to repo I am getting the cannot connect message (as mentioned in previous post)

Kodi debug.log (With attempt to access your repository)

On imac, much better news thanks, I can now update to latest version 0.45 via "check for updates" via your repo and can confirm I can run TV Guide Fullscreen 0.45 (Jarvis 16.1 installed on imac)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2016-07-19, 19:02)MikeKL Wrote:

* rpi2 fix (hopefully)
Still unable to install updates to TV Guide Fullscreen from your repository on rpi2 running latest Krypton builds, have even deleted then re-installed your repo, but everytime I try to connect to repo I am getting the cannot connect message (as mentioned in previous post)

On imac, much better news thanks, I can now update to latest version 0.45 via "check for updates" via your repo and can confirm I can run TV Guide Fullscreen 0.45 (Jarvis 16.1 installed on imac)

I can't see why it won't load the repository.

It says it is loaded and you have some other extra repositories that must work too.

Is the contents of the addon/repository.primaeval the same as on your imac?

I can't test on a rpi until next week. It works ok on an Android arm phone though.

Do you know if it is just a Krypton LibreELEC problem?
If it's any help I just installed it fine on a Pi2 running LibreElec 7.0.2 (Kodi 16.1) via the beta repo linked in the first post.

Looks like it went in OK, although I haven't tried to set it up or configure it yet so it throws an expected error when you try to open it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

* rpi2 fix (hopefully)
* pip skin
* last page scroll fix

I tried to make the pip version a setting rather than a skin but I couldn't find a way to make it work. The program text will have to be shrunk anyway, so maybe a new skin is the way to go.

Thanks for jumping on these fixes so quickly, and for taking the other suggestions into consideration - PIP skin looks great!

If it helps, I was able to mod the gui.py file to prevent the current playing video from stopping when leaving the addon. Just needed to change the self.player.stop() in Line 197 to something else, though there's probably a more elegant way to do things:

Code:
def close(self):
        if not self.isClosing:
            self.isClosing = True
            if self.player.isPlaying():
                super(TVGuide, self).close()
                #self.player.stop()
(2016-07-19, 20:04)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote:

* rpi2 fix (hopefully)
* pip skin
* last page scroll fix

Thanks for jumping on these fixes so quickly, and for taking the other suggestions into consideration - PIP skin looks great!

If it helps, I was able to mod the gui.py file to prevent the current playing video from stopping when leaving the addon. Just needed to change the self.player.stop() in Line 197 to something else, though there's probably a more elegant way to do things:

Code:
def close(self):
        if not self.isClosing:
            self.isClosing = True
            if self.player.isPlaying():
                super(TVGuide, self).close()
                #self.player.stop()

I just added a commit for you with a Setting to stop on exit in Appearance. It is not in a release yet.

If you are in the mood to do some debugging, I could do with some help finding out why the next/previous controls aren't working during playback like they do in the original TV Guide.
(2016-07-19, 20:02)DarrenHill Wrote: If it's any help I just installed it fine on a Pi2 running LibreElec 7.0.2 (Kodi 16.1) via the beta repo linked in the first post.

Looks like it went in OK, although I haven't tried to set it up or configure it yet so it throws an expected error when you try to open it.

Thanks for that. If you want to do a quick test there are some links from the original ftv guide xmltv files earlier in the thread.

mc2xml is another way to get a ready made xmltv file. http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/

Personally I use webgrab to make a cutdown custom xmltv for my favourite channels. http://www.webgrabplus.com/

That reminds me that I wanted to add a feature to pull in the logos from the xmltv file or addon channels. Smile
I tried the Thai satellite one and couldn't get it to work.

Will have another go at it later. I don't have to many IPTV add-ons anyway (main one is iPlayer) so it's nothing too urgent in my case.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Just to let you all know Webgrab++ can be installed as (early test release) an addon under LibreELEC see HERE thanks to awiouy in LibreELEC forum CoolCool very handy to use with TV Guide Fullscreen Wink
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2016-07-19, 19:45)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-07-19, 19:02)MikeKL Wrote:

* rpi2 fix (hopefully)

I can't see why it won't load the repository.

It says it is loaded and you have some other extra repositories that must work too.

Is the contents of the addon/repository.primaeval the same as on your imac?

I can't test on a rpi until next week. It works ok on an Android arm phone though.

Do you know if it is just a Krypton LibreELEC problem?
Its same repo as installed on imac, other repos are working just fine on rPi2, not sure if its a Krypton LibreELEC issue but dont think so as other third party repos are working OK?

Perhaps I am not removing and then replacing the repository cleanly (Just stop kodi, delete repo and then reinstall repo from zip?)
Perhaps somthing has been left behind somewhere when I deleted the repo, which is causing the problem?
(2016-07-19, 23:23)MikeKL Wrote: Just to let you all know Webgrab++ can be installed as (early test release) an addon under LibreELEC see HERE thanks to awiouy in LibreELEC forum CoolCool very handy to use with TV Guide Fullscreen Wink

Excellent. I started working out how to make an addon for webgrab but didn't get too far. Thanks.

I hope there will be a way to get it working on Android too.
(2016-07-19, 23:33)MikeKL Wrote: Perhaps I am not removing and then replacing the repository cleanly (Just stop kodi, delete repo and then reinstall repo from zip?)
Perhaps somthing has been left behind somewhere when I deleted the repo, which is causing the problem?

There is probably a package zip file in the addons/packages folder. That might cause some trouble.

There shouldn't be anything in addon_data but it doesn't hurt to check.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8