• 122(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
The toggle works perfectly, many thanks primaeval Smile
How do you get 0.0.342 update? I don't have the new update and if I try anyway it says update failed. I'm using Jarvis 16.3.

Thanks Rocko
(2017-05-17, 23:37)rocko Wrote: How do you get 0.0.342 update? I don't have the new update and if I try anyway it says update failed. I'm using Jarvis 16.3.

Thanks Rocko

Sometimes updates fail if the repo is out of sync with the version you have on your device.
You can try uninstalling and re-installing the addon or my repo or both.
There is a time limit that Kodi won't re-check for updates of the same repo which is why I occasionally have to reinstall it.
Exclamation 
version 0.0.343
- Settings \ Lab2 \ Include Sports Fixtures in xmltv Source

You don't have to use a seperate source for Sports Fixtures now.
This switch adds them on to the end of your xmltv channels.

The channel names and ids have an invisible space added to the end to try to make them unique and not interfere with your normal channels.

This also works for the "yo.tv now" and "tvguide.co.uk now" sources.
How do you delete or rename category channels. I'm using Andy's blue screen.

Thanks again
Rocko
(2017-05-19, 00:47)rocko Wrote: How do you delete or rename category channels. I'm using Andy's blue screen.

Thanks again
Rocko

I don't know what Andy has done but usually you just right click on the Category and "Remove Channels".
It is right under the option to "Add Channels".
(2017-05-19, 07:26)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 00:47)rocko Wrote: How do you delete or rename category channels. I'm using Andy's blue screen.

Thanks again
Rocko

I don't know what Andy has done but usually you just right click on the Category and "Remove Channels".

There is only an "Add Category" menu in the "EPG Settings" fly-out menu. There are no individual category menus to be able to provide that "Remove Channels" option per category.
(2017-05-19, 14:59)JQZ* Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 07:26)primaeval Wrote:

Thanks again
Rocko

There is only an "Add Category" menu in the "EPG Settings" fly-out menu. There are no individual category menus to be able to provide that "Remove Channels" option per category.

You'll have to use a different skin or fix Andy's.
It works fine in all mine. Wink
(2017-05-19, 15:22)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 14:59)JQZ* Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 07:26)primaeval Wrote: I don't know what Andy has done but usually you just right click on the Category and "Remove Channels".

You'll have to use a different skin or fix Andy's.
It works fine in all mine. Wink

Indeed. I suppose I could reduce the width of the right side of his menu and squeeze in room for a 3rd column to replicate your cat column. But I've got a number of other irons in the fire right now. Will sharpen my fuzzy TVGFS "3D" logo that displays when no program image is available for the main EPG at some point too. Smile

(2017-05-19, 16:23)JQZ* Wrote: ^^^

Did you get the add/remove channels working for the Categories?
That is what rocko is stuck with.
Maybe pm him if there is something in the skin that shouldn't be shared here.
(2017-05-19, 16:52)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 16:23)JQZ* Wrote: ^^^

Did you get the add/remove channels working for the Categories?
That is what rocko is stuck with.
Maybe pm him if there is something in the skin that shouldn't be shared here.

No. Andy didn't include the individual cat menus anywhere like the ones on the left column in your menu. They''d have to be added back into his menu xml to enable those options again. Have to confess I've not used cats much, and have yet to figure out how categories.ini interacts with main xml. I'm guessing it could be modified manually, or a custom categories.ini file created and configured in settings. But I haven't had any success at getting a custom cat ini working yet. Undecided

EDIT: I'll look at the menu xml more closely. Seems I should be able to add code to add/remove channels where he's got the cats listed at the top of the menu. If clicking on then can set them, I'd guess It should be possible to add a context menu to each and include code to add/remove channels.
(2017-05-19, 17:11)JQZ* Wrote: No. Andy didn't include the individual cat menus anywhere like the ones on the left column in your menu. They''d have to be added back into his menu xml to enable those options again. Have to confess I've not used cats much, and have yet to figure out how categories.ini interacts with main xml. I'm guessing it could be modified manually, or a custom categories.ini file created and configured in settings. But I haven't had any success at getting a custom cat ini working yet. Undecided
If you post a link to your skin files I'm sure somebody would help you fix it up.
(2017-05-19, 17:19)FXB78 Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 17:11)JQZ* Wrote: No. Andy didn't include the individual cat menus anywhere like the ones on the left column in your menu. They''d have to be added back into his menu xml to enable those options again. Have to confess I've not used cats much, and have yet to figure out how categories.ini interacts with main xml. I'm guessing it could be modified manually, or a custom categories.ini file created and configured in settings. But I haven't had any success at getting a custom cat ini working yet. Undecided
If you post a link to your skin files I'm sure somebody would help you fix it up.

That'd be really great FXB78. I'll see if I can get that set up and post a link later in the afternoon. 2 other things I've not sorted are mouse scrolling in Quick EPG, and main EPG background still blinking when scrolling with either mouse of keyboard.
It just hit me to enable Settings > Appearance > Up to Categories Bar = Always. Then when you scroll to the top of the channels in the main EPG, the category menu pops up at the bottom of the guide. From there you can highlight a category, & enter the context menu that includes all the options to add/remove/clear channels and add a new category. So I'll leave the menu xml as it is for now. Have also PMed Rocko about this.

EDIT: Looking at this more rested I now find all category menu functions in this skin can be accessed right in the main menu. Up to cat bar in settings isn't needed. You can simply navigate up to the category menu, go right to the category you want to modify and bring up the context menu. Decent sleep does help see the obvious. Wink
hi first of all i love you guide you have done a great job ! i have not been able to install this via installing repo so i pulled it of the website and installed via external storage everything on it works a dream.
The only thing i cant seem to get to work is getting the skin kindly posted by Kjb85 i really like the look of it i have tried downloading the file from the website and in the skins menu going down to folder and selecting it but then my kodi crashes with a black screen if anyone can help it would be much appreciated !
  • 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8