• 143(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
I setup multiple alternate streams for a channel. Currently, when I select a channel from the EPG, the list of streams appears and I choose one. If I then want to choose a different stream, how can I then bring up the alternate stream list to select a different alternate? if I go back and choose the same channel from the EPG, it doesn't give me the alternate list. It just brings me back to the running stream. I have to switch to a new channel, then switch back to the original channel to get the alternate list again.
(2017-09-05, 21:20)eric859 Wrote: I setup multiple alternate streams for a channel. Currently, when I select a channel from the EPG, the list of streams appears and I choose one. If I then want to choose a different stream, how can I then bring up the alternate stream list to select a different alternate? if I go back and choose the same channel from the EPG, it doesn't give me the alternate list. It just brings me back to the running stream. I have to switch to a new channel, then switch back to the original channel to get the alternate list again.

Settings\Playback\Always Choose Channel if Alternative Streams Exist
Thanks! That worked. I have a remote with a keyboard on it. Is there a key I can press to get the list or do I need to go back to the EPG and reselect the channel?
(2017-09-05, 21:32)eric859 Wrote: Thanks! That worked. I have a remote with a keyboard on it. Is there a key I can press to get the list or do I need to go back to the EPG and reselect the channel?

You can get it to pop up the Alternative Streams dialog from the main epg, the quick epg and the osd with the Enter key.
If you are watching a channel press Enter once to get the osd, then Enter again to get the dialog.

The Play p key will go straight to the Choose Channel dialog.
I'm having an issue with my own guide date loading (cannot load data, try again later or check settings). Checked webgrab log, but can not see any errors, and it appears to complete the guide correctly
All I have changed is a channel name, but in the log I am getting the following errors: (i have abbreviated it, but if you need the full log I can supply)

error in source.py, line 374, in updatechannelandprogamlistcaches
error in source.py. line 1848 in getdatafromexternal
error for v in chain (self.getdatafromexternal2(self.xmltvfile, date, ch_list, progress_callback))
error in source.py, line 1968 in parseXMLTV

I have tried reset on start, and delete the xmltv file in the folder, but still getting the error
Emby, NVIDIA Shield, QNAP
(2017-09-08, 17:05)gillmacca Wrote: I'm having an issue with my own guide date loading (cannot load data, try again later or check settings). Checked webgrab log, but can not see any errors, and it appears to complete the guide correctly
All I have changed is a channel name, but in the log I am getting the following errors: (i have abbreviated it, but if you need the full log I can supply)

error for v in chain (self.getdatafromexternal2(self.xmltvfile, date, ch_list, progress_callback))

I have tried reset on start, and delete the xmltv file in the folder, but still getting the error

Can you load the xmltv file in a fresh Profile?

I expect it has something to do with xml encoding of the channel name.
pm the xmltv file if you're still stuck.

[EDIT] Line 1968 is
language = elem.find("title").get("lang")

Is there something wrong with the language setting in the xmltv file?
I might need to add a fix for a missing lang attribute.
(2017-09-08, 17:08)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-09-08, 17:05)gillmacca Wrote: I'm having an issue with my own guide date loading (cannot load data, try again later or check settings). Checked webgrab log, but can not see any errors, and it appears to complete the guide correctly

Could it have anything to do with me putting a dash in the channel name (changed from SciFi to Sci-Fi)
(2017-09-08, 17:11)gillmacca Wrote:
(2017-09-08, 17:08)primaeval Wrote:

Could it have anything to do with me putting a dash in the channel name (changed from SciFi to Sci-Fi)

It might be. You could try &#45 for the hyphen.
How to use special characters in XML?

Anyway. Try 0.0.369. I added a fix to handle not having the lang attribute in the program title.
It might be something to do with the hyphen or it might be something missing in a webgrab scraper script.
(2017-09-08, 17:43)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-09-08, 17:11)gillmacca Wrote:
(2017-09-08, 17:08)primaeval Wrote: Can you load the xmltv file in a fresh Profile?

It might be. You could try &#45 for the hyphen.
How to use special characters in XML?

Anyway. Try 0.0.369. I added a fix to handle not having the lang attribute in the program title.
It might be something to do with the hyphen or it might be something missing in a webgrab scraper script.

0.0.369 works perfectly....many thanks
Exclamation 
version 0.0.370
- Settings\Lab2\Data Source = tvguide.co.uk now 2
- full day of tvguide.co.uk listings with descriptions

UK users. This might be all you need. I've revamped the tvguide.co.uk data source.
It picks up just one page from tvguide.co.uk for a full days epg with descriptions and season/episode/year data.
It should be very quick. There aren't any program images though.
Customize your channels at tvguide.co.uk with your email and add it into Lab2.
Hey P. Before you finalize your new version, i think theres an error in gui.py for custom_stream_urls_autosave.ini where the f.close() needs to be indented. It's been there a long time and the file won't delete without the indentation fix so i think it's still in use. The databse .db is often in use when i close the program too, but i'm not sure if that's by design. All your recent changes have worked well, but there are maybe 2 more little bugs i'll ask as questions for clarity.

Does the addon.ini import work? I tried it today for the first time in awhile and it didn't work. You might want to check it.

Is there a way to not save the channel selection to the database and have it ask you each time you select a channel? This used to work for me but now it's either disabled or i have the settings combinations wrong with (probably) alt streams. Is this still possible?

2 other quickie questions: are the 9000 IDs basically useless placeholders, or is there an obvious way to trigger it im missing? Also, is there a way to delete alt streams you set? When i go remove stream it will remove the main (first) stream but the alt streams remain. I dont see a button id for removing them.

I have another revision of my skin thats pretty stable ill release soon too. The only time it locks up now is if i use the mouse like a madman the first 500 ms it's loading.
(2017-09-12, 18:38)myname Wrote: Hey P. Before you finalize your new version, i think theres an error in gui.py for custom_stream_urls_autosave.ini where the f.close() needs to be indented. It's been there a long time and the file won't delete without the indentation fix so i think it's still in use. The databse .db is often in use when i close the program too, but i'm not sure if that's by design. All your recent changes have worked well, but there are maybe 2 more little bugs i'll ask as questions for clarity.

Does the addon.ini import work? I tried it today for the first time in awhile and it didn't work. You might want to check it.

Is there a way to not save the channel selection to the database and have it ask you each time you select a channel? This used to work for me but now it's either disabled or i have the settings combinations wrong with (probably) alt streams. Is this still possible?

2 other quickie questions: are the 9000 IDs basically useless placeholders, or is there an obvious way to trigger it im missing? Also, is there a way to delete alt streams you set? When i go remove stream it will remove the main (first) stream but the alt streams remain. I dont see a button id for removing them.

I have another revision of my skin thats pretty stable ill release soon too. The only time it locks up now is if i use the mouse like a madman the first 500 ms it's loading.

Hi. Thanks.

Did you mean unindent for the f.close() ?

Addons.ini loading should work. I've been adding some encryption to it today and it works.
The trick might have been that it would only reload it on an xmltv update.
I've changed that to do it on every start now. It will be in the next version.

I've never looked at how the db closes. I'll see if I can find how to do it gracefully.

If you have no alt streams and press p it should ask you every time.
Maybe "Playback\Use alt streams as fallback only" is what you want.

The 9000 ids were from the Next Program popup that im85288 made. It's still there in case it ever gets fixed. I'm not a big fan of Next Program popups so my heart isn't in it.

Deleting Alt Streams is in Stream Setup\ Clear Alt Stream because you need to choose which one to delete.
I bet you've got a ton of them, knowing you. Wink

Thanks for the new skin. You have a lot of fans.
Exclamation 
version 0.0.372
- Settings\Optional\addons.ini key
- Settings\Optional\mappings.m3u key
- encode the server file with the Encode button.
- encoding will happen on next tvgf start

A bit of encryption for mappings.m3u and addons.ini so you can put them on public servers without the need for server side password protection.
It uses ECB mode encryption, so don't put your bank details in the files.

Create the files by filling in the key (use simple ascii, less than 16 chars or less).
Turn on the Encode button.
Start TVGF.
The files end up in the addon_data folder as addons.aes.ini and mapping.aes.m3u.
Put them on your server.
Turn off the Encode button.
Point to the server files.
Start TVGF.
Exclamation 
version 0.0.373
- Settings\Optional\alt.mappings.tsv key / encode
- export tsv file from Settings \ Backup
- format is: channel id \t channel name \t url
- without the spaces

Here is a new import section for the Alternative Channel mappings file with optional encryption.
Use the Settings\Backup section to export to alt_custom_stream_urls.tsv in the addon_data folder.
To encrypt it add an ascii key in "Settings\Optional\Alternative Channels",
turn on encode,
and start tvgf.
The encrypted file will end up in alt.mapping.aes.tsv.
Put that on your server,
turn off encode,
change the url to point to it.

The alt_custom_stream_urls.tsv file format is:
ID\tNAME\tURL
where ID matches the channel id from the xmltv channel data.
Exclamation 
version 0.0.375
- channel id argument
- (Channel Category, Data Source, Channel Id)
- eg in Kodi favourites.xml: RunScript(script.tvguide.fullscreen,All Channels,xmltv,bbc_one_hd)

There are now three arguments to the Kodi favourites.xml shortcut.
channel category,
data source,
channel id.

The Channel Category default is "All Channels". If you have added your own you can use them.

The Data Source is one of the ones in Settings\Lab2\Data Source. Usually you just want xmltv.

The Channel Id is the one from the xmltv channel id fields.
If you set this your shortcut will scroll to that channel when you start.

You shouldn't need to put xml quotes around the args.
  • 143(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8