Krypton + Linux + Mac + Apple Remote issues
Question 
I've a bit of an edge case I'd guess.

I run a minimal Ubuntu on a 2010 Mac Mini and use atvclient for the Apple Remote as my main controller, works brilliantly up to Jarvis.

Taking Krypton (via the nightly ppa) for a spin and the Apple Remote doesn't work, at all. The event server is starting as expected on 9777, atvclient is still capturing remote keypresses and they match the expected keys in the new customcontroller xml for Apple Remotes, but the connection from atvclient to Kodi looks broken.

I've seen the related thread, ticket and pull regarding the changes to remotes and Memphiz work to get it working again under OSX but I'm not sure where to go from here.
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
the dev of atvclient needs to do the same changes i did in my pull somewhere around here in that code...

https://github.com/Evinyatar/atvclient/b...t.cpp#L761 (basically changing JS0:AppleRemote to CC:AppleRemote)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for taking the time to look Memphiz (and for the detailed answer), that worked like a charm Cool

I'll try and get a pull request into atvclient.
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
atvclient has now been modified, thanks to Memphiz and Evinyatar.

The Apple Remote now works perfectly with Krypton under Linux Nod
'Zero

-----
-----

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton + Linux + Mac + Apple Remote issues0