Music Video Artists Thumbnails not Showing.
Video 
I'm having an issue where Kodi is using the Artists Thumbnails from my Music Library (which is exactly what I want),
but they aren't displaying like they should, instead I have the generic thumbnail (when you don't have an artist image).

But if I click on Set Artist Thumb (in context menu), I can see the current Thumbnail of the Artist that it pulled from my
music library.

I currently use NFO for my music video library. And on Jarvis 16.0

Has anyone else seen this issue before, or know how to fix it.

Artist (Adorable) not there.

Artist Adorable thumb shows when selecting set artist thumb.

Edit: Also even if when I've tried to add custom thumbs (with set artist thumb). Sometimes it works. (that is how I have a thumb next to Adorable. But sometimes it just doesnt take and I have the generic silhouette.
Is this only a problem with music video artists? Also I know that having set a thumb manually is sometimes takes a while to appear in the artists list (need to go out and return to list). But I am hesitant to make suggestons because of the video connection.
Under System in the Music - Library section there is a checkbox for downloading additional content. I needed to check this setting and then delete each music source and then reinstall the sources to get the artist information to show up.
I had a similar issue when manually changing or adding new artist images in current Kodi for audio music. It seems a scan does not see any changes. I needed to delete my music database and rescan from scratch after I added or changed around 100 odd artist images.

Maybe a dev can check the code but it does seem to be a bug. Since there is no other 'refresh' option other than 'scan' for new then this option should also refresh artist images, album art etc not just find new artists and music.
You do not have to have "download additional content on update" option enabled, and certainly don't have to delete the source to get artists images. Use "Query Info for All" from the context menu of the artists node to fetch additional info an images for all artists.

But the Musicbrainz server, key to our scraping of extra artist and album data, is overloaded and often timing out rather than return data, so you may need to retry several times to get all the images populated. Or search for other posts that discuss this issue and way to work around it. This is causing problems, and means that images don't appear like magic as they once did. But it is beyond the Kodi team's control how long MB take to solve this issue.

However there is a bug in Jarvis, and before, that means that "Query Info for All" only actually does something the first time it is used since either powerup or the last "Update Library". Hence when retrying you also need to click on "update library" first even if there have been no changes to your music files. This has been fixed in v17.

But I am still not sure any of this relates to the OP video problem.
In case you are using a NAS you have to set correctly the read and write permissions, the kodi client needs at least read permission. My NAS for example sometimes sets the wrong permission when creating a new sub-folder for a new artist.
(2016-07-17, 13:05)DaveBlake Wrote: You do not have to have "download additional content on update" option enabled, and certainly don't have to delete the source to get artists images. Use "Query Info for All" from the context menu of the artists node to fetch additional info an images for all artists.

But the Musicbrainz server, key to our scraping of extra artist and album data, is overloaded and often timing out rather than return data, so you may need to retry several times to get all the images populated. Or search for other posts that discuss this issue and way to work around it. This is causing problems, and means that images don't appear like magic as they once did. But it is beyond the Kodi team's control how long MB take to solve this issue.

However there is a bug in Jarvis, and before, that means that "Query Info for All" only actually does something the first time it is used since either powerup or the last "Update Library". Hence when retrying you also need to click on "update library" first even if there have been no changes to your music files. This has been fixed in v17.

But I am still not sure any of this relates to the OP video problem.

Im trying to get artist thumbs on the Music Video artist, not Music artist. Music artist thumbs are fine. Its just the MV section that is a mess and not working correctly.
Thanks for clarifying your issue. Yes music video is far from perfect, and I'm afraid it really isn't my thing so is lower on my priorities than I guess those of you that use this would like.
Seems like my previous post got deleted:
Is it because I am running on OSMC/Pi ??

I have exactly the same issue as described in the initial post...
Your post was split off to a new thread here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=283528
as your problem is about local album images and not scraping music video artist images online - different things!
Sorry for any confusion it may have caused.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Video Artists Thumbnails not Showing.0