QED uPlay Audio over LAN- question and idea
Ok so these little gadgets allow UPnP streaming and plug into your HiFi. they seem to be geared towards playing stuff via an app or from WMP.

I use my Shuttle X50V3 touchscreen in the kitchen to play music through powered speakers nearby.
I had been using a hokey workaround comprising of SWYH (stream what you hear) and VLC to a netbook in my amp rack to stream to the rest of the house, worked ok apart from the 30 second delay between line out from the shuttle and the streamed audio to the rest of the house, and yes it makes you feel ill!

I just found that a thing called QED uPlay exisists, now these things can be paired up and will sync with one another (up to 8 at once), but here's where my knowledge falls over:

The uPlay unit will work using UPnP, but i'm not 100% on what that entails, I know you can "play to" but i'd really like to buy two of these units and permanently "play to" them from Kodi, but retain the overall control of what is playing from within Kodi, not through the App. - controlling Kodi from my phone for track, vol etc, then the audio just "plays to" the uPlay(s)
Can you set the "play to" as a preference?

All my hardware is wired, only portable devices on wireless, for stability and speed!

Manual for the units:
http://ecom.armourhome.co.uk/files/qed/i...Manual.pdf

I am really hoping that this could be the answer tot he synchronised multi room we've been looking for! Might buy one anyway and see how it performs!

Thoughts, advice and suggestions (constructive) welcome
Cheers
Had a reply regarding the syncing of these units from Armour technical.

First off these are now discontinued but stock remains until exhausted.

Next problem is the sync of multiple units is done through the app only, kind of useless if you are running anything other than "play these files off my server" instructions from your phone.

Giving this a swerve now - "these are not the droids you were looking for"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QED uPlay Audio over LAN- question and idea0