Definite Article and Indefinite Articles
I have never been fond of dropping the "a" or the "the" in front of titles. We all know about the song, "The Night Before Christmas", and you can strip off the "The" if you want, but my father was written about in a book entitled "A Night Before Christmas". A story about being torpedoed on the way to the Battle of the Bulge. Sometimes the "The" is almost an after thought, not needed, irrelevant, but other times the articles are very important to the title. Anyway, in an attempt to sanitize the world, these programs rearrange the words and other magical things to get the titles to appear how they think they should be. Happens at the library, everywhere. So, here is an interesting one:

À l'aventure

In this case, like a lot of my other titles, the title doesn't start with the l', it is the second word in the title, but it got stripped out, so the title appears in my list as

À aventure

Are all instances of l' being stripped, not just leading ones?

Since this is sorting related, let me throw in another oddity.

Expendables 2, The
Expendables 3, The
Expendables, The

the space is ASCII 32, the comma is 44, so it sorts the space ahead of the comma, but we know when looking at it, that it isn't sorted how we would like it to be. Could ASCII 160 (non-breaking) space be used instead so the space will sort after a comma?
(2016-07-16, 00:18)linkup Wrote: Expendables 2, The
Expendables 3, The
Expendables, The

I also noticed this issue. Can you make it ignore the article part appended at the end (", The") for sorting?
as tars stated above, you can remove all sorting prefixes from the settings and tmm won't put the articles to the end of the name.

and you are right, we have to tweak that a bit (À l'aventure got to aventure, À, L' for me, but never À aventure?!)

I think we can not/should not take ASCII 160 there, because this logic is used in the NFO exporter and the renamer too (we would have to check renaming/importing on every OS/filesystem too in that case)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Definite Article and Indefinite Articles0