Custom PVR addon development
Recently, my local ISP launched IPTV service, with two week archive feature. It is officially available on PC, over web browser, Tablet and phone, over custom app, and on TV, over 2015 Samsung Smart TV app or special rented IPTV client.

I as tinkerer / hacker, decided to look how web player works, it appears to be using JW player, some Javascript and custom API that returns JSON. It has authentication, but it seems insecure, just a simple HTTP (not HTTPS) POST call, that probably sets cookie, or remembers IP, and allows to use other parts of API.

I managed to get channel addresses from API (which were .m3u8 URLs) and make playlist in VLC for Simple IPTV addon, and it worked, tho doing so completely avoids authentication (what might not be really legal) on playback and lacks features, like channel names, channel images, EPG data, timeshift and archive.

After that success, I wondered if I could make custom addon, based on Simple IPTV addon, that directly authenticates with API and gets channel list, images and EPG data. Unfortunately it ended up in 4 hours wasted on trying to get cmake, and clone of Simple IPTV addon working. So I eventually came to #kodi on Freenode IRC server, from where I got redirected to Kodi Forums (here). So I am mostly how I should clone IPTV Addon and built upon it?

Also I got question, how I should implement archive feature (To find a way to bult on same PVR addon or add another Video addon)?
Not familiar or skilled in ANY binary addon developement, but maybe the Zattoo PVR addon is a good source for your to see how others implemented such a service:
https://github.com/trummerjo/pvr.zattoo

Zattoo website: www.zattoo.com
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
pvr.zattoo looks so close to what I am aiming for, but code seems to lack support of archive, what shouldn't be a big issue.

Anyway, my main problem still exists, I don't know how to clone addon and modify it. Still hoping for anyone with knowledge of binary plugin development to step in.

EDIT: I might try to clone zattoo addon, maybe it will be more successful?

EDIT2: I wasn't really successful with cmake.
I'm trying to figure out support for archived content too. As far as I can see, when a user clicks an item and a request for stream URL is made, it only sends the channel data. Not the program data (which I assume you'd need to know which archive url to serve)

The IPTV service I use, uses a unique ID for each program, so If i could get hold of what program ID was clicked, it'd be pretty simple to serve the correct URL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom PVR addon development0