v16 3D mode in Sony Bravia
Hi,

I was trying to watch 3D in Bravia TV. I enable the 3D view in KODI video, e.g. SBS. But I can't set the TV to 3D. Is there a solution?

Thanks.
I have a related issue, I just got my KD55XD93 this week and for the first time I'm able to watch 3D movies Smile

Well some 3D movies but not all! KODI detects the movies as 3D, some will be picked up and displayed correctly by the TV whilst others (of the same sbs/tab) format will not, in these cases I get the image twice either side by side or top and bottom. There seems to be an issue with how the SONY TV detects the 3D stream, which as some movies work I can only assume is related to the file itself, however I'm not getting to far in researching if this is controlled by the file header data so if anyone has advice that would be useful.

The action menu on my SONY does not show the 3D option when not using physical inputs or most Android apps, this is a reported problem which SONY seem to be doing nothing about. The work around is to use the SONY TV and Video sideview ios/android app which contains a remote with a 3D button, when activated the TV is forced into the selected 3D mode and the video plays correctly, unfortunately it also has to be de-activated manually at the end of the video. Its a work around you could try perhaps?

I'm more interested however in getting to the bottom of why some films work and others don't... anyone help there?
(2016-07-22, 13:36)sepulchre Wrote: I have a related issue, I just got my KD55XD93 this week and for the first time I'm able to watch 3D movies Smile

Well some 3D movies but not all! KODI detects the movies as 3D, some will be picked up and displayed correctly by the TV whilst others (of the same sbs/tab) format will not, in these cases I get the image twice either side by side or top and bottom. There seems to be an issue with how the SONY TV detects the 3D stream, which as some movies work I can only assume is related to the file itself, however I'm not getting to far in researching if this is controlled by the file header data so if anyone has advice that would be useful.

The action menu on my SONY does not show the 3D option when not using physical inputs or most Android apps, this is a reported problem which SONY seem to be doing nothing about. The work around is to use the SONY TV and Video sideview ios/android app which contains a remote with a 3D button, when activated the TV is forced into the selected 3D mode and the video plays correctly, unfortunately it also has to be de-activated manually at the end of the video. Its a work around you could try perhaps?

I'm more interested however in getting to the bottom of why some films work and others don't... anyone help there?

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I'm of the same issue as you mentioned, just that I could not get to watch any 3D successfully yet.I tried the TV and Video Sideview, but could not see a 3D button. How do you get the 3D button?
I'm interested in the root cause as well, hope someone can help.

Thanks.
On the remote part of the app you need to scroll down twice to get to more buttons. The 3D button is half way down that screen on the right. Sorry I'd post pictures but I'm traveling on business so can't access the remote just now.
(2016-07-25, 19:04)sepulchre Wrote: On the remote part of the app you need to scroll down twice to get to more buttons. The 3D button is half way down that screen on the right. Sorry I'd post pictures but I'm traveling on business so can't access the remote just now.

Hi,

I scroll down the remote but still could not find the 3D button. Mine is 50W800C, and the remote layout is exactly the same as the physical remote which does not have a 3D button. Any idea to help?

Thanks.
Any solution to this issue?
I have the sideview app but it gives me the same remote I currently have without the 3D button. Please let me know if I must buy a Sony 2014 remote on eBay, thanks.
(2017-02-16, 06:12)khernandez83 Wrote: Any solution to this issue?
I have the sideview app but it gives me the same remote I currently have without the 3D button. Please let me know if I must buy a Sony 2014 remote on eBay, thanks.

That's weird. I encountered the Kodi/Bravia/3D issue yesterday. Downloaded Sideview and the 3D button is there for me with my 50W800C.

My problem is, I can switch the TV to 3D but Kodi stops playing. When I start the movie again, the TV switched 3D off. Truly wtf...
(2017-02-23, 13:41)krakout Wrote: That's weird. I encountered the Kodi/Bravia/3D issue yesterday. Downloaded Sideview and the 3D button is there for me with my 50W800C.

My problem is, I can switch the TV to 3D but Kodi stops playing. When I start the movie again, the TV switched 3D off. Truly wtf...
3D mode works for me with Sideview app workaround & Kodi 16.1 @ W80C and Lollipop fw.
Additional info here. Only one line miss from picturemodecontrol...
Read somewhere that if you switch 3D on, sync with glasses and then switch to Kodi and start playing then 3D won't be lost.

Haven't tried it yet, but...
The sideview app workaround for 3D works with latest Marshmallow update? Anyone tried it?
(2017-04-27, 22:54)Do-It-Yourself Wrote: The sideview app workaround for 3D works with latest Marshmallow update? Anyone tried it?

this is working again in 17.4 but gone away again in 17.5. Let's get kodi to keep this feature.
Any news on the root cause? Is there some bit in a MKV file one can trigger to get Sony TV recognise the 3D video?
(2022-03-01, 21:45)mc0re Wrote: Any news on the root cause? Is there some bit in a MKV file one can trigger to get Sony TV recognise the 3D video?
The root-cause is that Sony only shows the buttons (or allows them) for a specific whitelist of apps. I have used the original Kodi-source to build it with a different name, so it is allowed and it also installs next to your regular Kodi. This will be there for about 7 days: https://we.tl/t-CXtZsMpAeX
You have to transfer it to your TV and install it for example using FX File Explorer (that is how I did it). To be able to do that you have to allow for it in the "developers options" on your TV.
Know a bit, do a lot, search even more....
(2024-01-02, 18:53)3dbuilder Wrote:
(2022-03-01, 21:45)mc0re Wrote: Any news on the root cause? Is there some bit in a MKV file one can trigger to get Sony TV recognise the 3D video?
The root-cause is that Sony only shows the buttons (or allows them) for a specific whitelist of apps. I have used the original Kodi-source to build it with a different name, so it is allowed and it also installs next to your regular Kodi. This will be there for about 7 days: https://we.tl/t-CXtZsMpAeX
You have to transfer it to your TV and install it for example using FX File Explorer (that is how I did it). To be able to do that you have to allow for it in the "developers options" on your TV.
By the way this is for armv7 32bit Sony tv's like my Sony Bravia 4K 3D 2015 model.
Know a bit, do a lot, search even more....
can you please re upload the file ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D mode in Sony Bravia0