OpenDML AVI files works only in MPlayer if -noidx is handed
same problem here. i have been having trouble with video files from the last 3-4 builds, i keep upgrading and then replacing my mplayer.dll with one from previous build but, with the latest release 4-19 this no longer seems to work. xbmc freezes on all video. i wish i could offer a suggestion for a solution but, i'm at a loss.
using an old mplayer.dll is not a good idea as you're likely to break compatibility with other features in xbmc.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

it definetly breaks the new video features but watching the video is primary to the smooth ff and rw. i wanted to use the new skin and the weather module which is the reason i dont downgrade.
Wink 
guys, can you give us a status update on why snapstream recorded opendlm avis are still broken? i just don't understand why they would work just fine in the 2-12-04 cvs build but then be broken ever since. i have uploaded a few samples last month and never heard a status update, or if you guys even saw the same issue. can you throw us a bone here? i would really like to upgrade to the newest release and get off the 2-12-04 cvs.

you guys are doing a great job and xbmc looks beautiful. just please keep us updated as to what you are doing for us poor snapstream folks.

thanks!!
give us more info (use gspot) on the media, and tell us where you playing from (at least try of xbox hdd) plus cvs date using
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
i see the same problem and am using the 4/23/04 build.

i can't figure out how to get gspot to export info to a file (i goto options/export, fill out propper info and hit 'ok' but never get a file created).

i've tried both with the file over smb and local with the same results. typically i get a few random frames of video for about 1 sec then its back to xbmc.

here is the info from gspot's gui:

video :
name: divx 5.0
4cc: dx50/divx
runtime: 01:05:58 (118,634 fr)
x:y 352x480 (1:1.36)[=11.15]
bitrate: 1112 kb/s
fps: 29.971
qf: 0.220 bits/pixel

audio:
1 stream
mpeglayer3 (mp3) (0x0055) iso/mpeg
bitrate: 128kb/s (64/ch, stereo), 48khz
you may want to try a build from today. latest build has new mplayer and people have now reported that their opendml videos that previously did not work do so with this latest build.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

update:
tested with cvs 4-28-2004, same problem.

as noted, the xvid file was encoded with 1.0rc4.... this codec will be very similar to xvid 1.0, so i would hope that support for it will be available. see earlier post for problem desc.

any suggestions for how to fix this much appreciated.
all my xvid 1.0 rc4 rips work fine at ff/rew.

perhaps it's an issue with this particular file? can you post gspot info on it?

i bet the conyainer is opendml avi (do a search for "opendml"), but try a build from today before report back (might be fixed now)
ok, i opened the file with gspot and in the stat section it said:

"bad chunk in frame data"

so i used divxfix1.1 to rebuild the index for this file.

i then tested with cvs 4-30, and the problems reported earlier were gone.

gspot did say this file is opendml avi, so looks like i'm not having opendml problems. so i guess my issue can be 'closed', i will update if i see any other probs. thanks for the replies.
they do play now with the 4/30 cvs build i'm using, however seeking does not work for them (dpad up/down/right/left).

tim
using the 4/30 build the opendml avi's that i use created from snapstream btv play, but seeking doesn't work (no effect when pressing dpad up/down/left/right).

is this something you see as well or would you like an example file?

tim
i'm seeing the following seek problems with the latest cvs (all these files are <2gb)

mp4 file: dpad back/down do nothing, dpad up/forward jump to the same spots in the movie every time (don't advance)

mkv file: quite often, at various points of a movie, the dpad forward button goes back to the same position it last went to. (+10min, -10min work great... -1min seems to work, but +1min often will not advance at certain spots in the movie)

avi divx file: seeking works great!

avi opendml file (created via btv showsqueeze): dpad up/down/forward/back do nothing

hope this helps!

this app is looking great!

tim
i have just tried the latest build i could find, 3rd may 2004. it seems that none of my xvid movies play. they are all opendml. some of these movies (i don't think all) have definitely played in earlier versions. i couldn't find a way to easily grab the output of gspot, otherwise i would post that here...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenDML AVI files works only in MPlayer if -noidx is handed0