can someone tell me why>>
some repositories and video add ons are blacklisted.
Presuming you're referring to the ones you keep trying to talk about that are on the banned add-on (wiki) list - because they use illegal pirate media sources. We do not condone or support piracy here, pure and simple.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-07-21, 09:49)DarrenHill Wrote: Presuming you're referring to the ones you keep trying to talk about that are on the banned add-on (wiki) list - because they use illegal pirate media sources. We do not condone or support piracy here, pure and simple.
Then why does Kodi let these add-ons in if they're illegal.
so then which video add-ons from Kodi can I download TV shows or movies
They're 3rd party add-ons. It's not a case of "letting" people use them, more that we think people should be responsible for their actions and the consequences of them. If you want to use them, that's entirely up to you. But we don't offer support for them, we don't condone but we don't condemn. It's entirely your choice, in the true spirit of open source software.

The key is that you are doing it in the full knowledge of what you are doing, what you are supporting and that you take responsibility for any repercussions that may come from doing so. If your ISP or anyone else comes chasing you for using such sites, then it's down to you, not us. This is why we come down so hard on "fully loaded" boxes and other stuff which has pre-loaded add-ons (which also violates the foundation's terms of service) as it takes away that choice. It also tends to blur the differentiation between core Kodi and 3rd party add-ons, leading to people (such as you I would suggest perhaps) coming here expecting support in the mistaken belief that we supply all the 3rd party stuff (legit or otherwise).

As for your second question, we don't supply media, just the player. There are approved video add-ons in the official repo, anything else is up to you. You supply the media, not us. There are subscription services which have Kodi add-ons (PlayOn for example), although whether they offer download or not is up to them - most do not as they want you to keep paying the subscription for the media.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Free content (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-07-21, 10:10)FreddytheDOG Wrote: so then which video add-ons from Kodi can I download TV shows or movies
Downloading subscription streams is tricky, providers want you to keep paying rather than downloading video and keeping it forever.

I couldn't find any app that can record streams, and is approved by Kodi - other than Playon. But their free version won't record, you have to buy Playon Plus. Please correct me if I've misunderstood something here.
(2016-07-21, 09:56)FreddytheDOG Wrote:
(2016-07-21, 09:49)DarrenHill Wrote: Presuming you're referring to the ones you keep trying to talk about that are on the banned add-on (wiki) list - because they use illegal pirate media sources. We do not condone or support piracy here, pure and simple.
Think of it this way.

You have a DVD player. You go and buy a bootleg DVD on the street. It is illegal. You choose to do that. The manufacturer of the DVD player had nothing to do with it.

You have an issue playing that DVD and you go on the manufacturer's forum to complain and they say they don't condone bootleg media and they cannot help you.

Would you blame the DVD player manufacturer for "allowing" you to put that bootleg DVD into the player?

Kodi is the player. What you play with it is your choice. If it's illegal, don't ask for help here.
(2016-07-21, 09:56)FreddytheDOG Wrote:

Easy answer: because KODI is open source? Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can someone tell me why>>0