• 23(current)
Release CleanSubs - (Clean subtitles from the ads and other rubbish)
Here is the new LOG.

Thank you
cgi
It just can't open the subs on NFS... try setting, in Kodi settings, player -> language, to download subtitles at custom location, and set it to somewhere local on box or pc
Is this addon supposed to remove things like this from subs?
02:15:37,084 --> 02:15:42,084
Subtitles by explosiveskull

I see an icon that says cleaned, but, noting is cleaned.  I use autosubs to download missing subs into a sub folder on a local drive.  All my media is on a server (Unraid) where I would prefer the subs to be.  Nice idea, just wish I could get it working.  Any ideas/suggestions?  Thanks
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Unfortunately, this add-on doesn't seem to work. Stuff like "Advertise your product or brand here contact www.OpenSubtitles.org today" is never cleaned, not even on a manual run. Can you confirm that it should still do its magic with Kodi 18.2?

Also, I have checked "Delete orginal subs" but instead it generates tons of files with the ending _ORIGINAL.
Just tested with 18.2 and it cleaned the subtitles downloaded from OpenSubtitles.... check the rights, it probably can't delete original subs from the source folder.
Can confirm the cleaning works when downloading subs, using Kodi 18.2 on Linux Mint. Have not tested manual cleaning.
(2019-05-27, 17:39)pallisvans Wrote: Can confirm the cleaning works when downloading subs, using Kodi 18.2 on Linux Mint. Have not tested manual cleaning.

That is strange. It works for my Movies, but not for my TV Shows... The subs were successfully downloaded, but nothing is cleaned. After I watched the episode, the sub is gone.

Where do I have to check the rights?

Thank you
Cgi
Not working for me at all. V6.4 on latest Kodi nightly.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
The cleaning works for me, both for tvshows and movies, when downloading subs. Removed "Subtitles by explosiveskull" from a TV episode last night. I haven't used the addon for more than a few days so maybe I've still to encounter some bugs in the cleaning bit.
Maybe this works for me because I have a simple setup; media is stored on an external USB drive with two folders, Movies and TVShows. Each movie or TVshow is in a seperate folder with the subtitle stored next to the movie or tvshow.
I tried manual cleaning just now and ran into a problem, the addon detected the two media sources (TV and Movies) but only scanned the Movies folder. It seems it cleaned everything and generated an original subtitles file also but failed to delete it (was checked in the settings).
Maybe it would be a good idea if the developer created a more detailed manual for users, regarding different setups for storing media and subtitles.
@DaLanik Another thing of note regarding security, is it required that your repo is enabled to be able to automatically download definitions at Kodi start?
Because Kodi sets a warning:

Repository add-on lanik.repo uses plain HTTP for add-on downloads in path http://kodi.lanik.org/_repo/ - this is insecure and will make your Kodi installation vulnerable to attacks if enabled!
Ran manual cleaning with logging activated. The media sources (tv and movies) are two but it seemed only to run for movies.

Lot of SQL errors in log: this seems to be user permissions? (nat.nova.is is my internet provider):
2019-05-27 20:05:46.225 T:140524233135872   DEBUG: CLEANSUBS >> SQL ERROR IN SyncUUID1: 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'cleansub_kodi'@'nova-046-182-191-098.nat.nova.is' (using password: YES)

Anyway the log is here:
Log for cleansubs
(2019-05-27, 22:21)pallisvans Wrote: Ran manual cleaning with logging activated. The media sources (tv and movies) are two but it seemed only to run for movies.

Lot of SQL errors in log: this seems to be user permissions? (nat.nova.is is my internet provider):
2019-05-27 20:05:46.225 T:140524233135872   DEBUG: CLEANSUBS >> SQL ERROR IN SyncUUID1: 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'cleansub_kodi'@'nova-046-182-191-098.nat.nova.is' (using password: YES)

Anyway the log is here:
Log for cleansubs

You can ignore those errors, that is only for statistics site, I forgot to renew my account Smile

I'll have a look at the multiple sources error.
(2019-05-27, 22:34)DaLanik Wrote:
(2019-05-27, 22:21)pallisvans Wrote: Ran manual cleaning with logging activated. The media sources (tv and movies) are two but it seemed only to run for movies.

Anyway the log is here:
Log for cleansubs

You can ignore those errors, that is only for statistics site, I forgot to renew my account Smile

Thanks for a brilliant addon by the way, I'm using your YeeMee addon as well which is just a great experience Smile Just donated for a coffee and a doughnut! Smile
(2019-05-27, 22:49)pallisvans Wrote:
(2019-05-27, 22:34)DaLanik Wrote:

Anyway the log is here:
Log for cleansubs

Thanks for a brilliant addon by the way, I'm using your YeeMee addon as well which is just a great experience Smile Just donated for a coffee and a doughnut! Smile 

Thanx! Glad you like it.
Brick 
REQUEST for a Kodi M compatible version (update to python3). Thanks in advance!
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CleanSubs - (Clean subtitles from the ads and other rubbish)2