• 16(current)
Release CleanSubs - (Clean subtitles from the ads and other rubbish)
Hmm, just tried CleanSubs on 17.3.
Actually it's a LibreELEC 8.0.2 on a Raspberry Pi 3.
Had an error message pop up while installing it (can't remember what it said). Reinstalled it and it seemed to have fixed the error.
The only changes I made to the configuration was to enable cleaning and to enable the black background.
I tried it but it didn't work as expected. It shows me an icon saying that it was able to clean the subs and it tells me which sub engine was used but then it simply doesn't show any subs at all. Could you help me understand what's going wrong?

Also, my understanding is that the addon should only show black background if it is set up to clean the subs, right? Could you make that "one or the other" instead of "one and the other". What I mean is I'd like to use the black background without having to clean the ads in the subs.
Amazon FireTV stick 4k Max
(worst device ever for running Kodi on...)

Kodi 20 Nexus
gone temporarily back to Kodi 19.5 due to Nexus subtitles font issues
Yes, cleaning goes together with black background... could be made an option, just give me some time Smile
(2017-07-30, 21:15)DaLanik Wrote: Yes, cleaning goes together with black background... could be made an option, just give me some time Smile

I see. Well, I can live with having to clean the subs in order to get the black borders.
But the problem is when I enable the cleaning, I see that it opens my subs engine (opensubtitles.org/legendasdivx.com), apparently the sub is downloaded and I get an overlay saying that the sub was cleaned but then I get no sub at all.
So, everything seems to work as expected but then I get no sub.
Any ideas?
TIA
Cheers

Kodi 20 Nexus
That is strange. Can you post the log? Which Kodi version?
Raspberry Pi 3 running OpenELEC 8.0.2, hence Krypton 17.3.
I'll post the logs later today.

Kodi 20 Nexus
Did you actually activate the sub afterwards?
(2017-07-31, 08:36)DaLanik Wrote: That is strange. Can you post the log? Which Kodi version?

Would you need a simple kodi log or a debug log?
Looking at a kodi log that I just extracted from my Pi I honestly can't find anything wrong regarding subs.
Maybe you would need a debug log instead?

Kodi 20 Nexus
Yes, a debug log is needed. Enable it in Settings>System Settings>Logging.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-07-31, 08:36)DaLanik Wrote: That is strange. Can you post the log? Which Kodi version?

Sorry mate, I didn't forget about this topic. It's just that CleanSubs wasn't working but the next day I changed movie in the player and it was working.
Since then I have tried with many movies (maybe 10) and it's working as expected. Unfortunately I can't seem to remember what movie it was that I was using when it was failing on me...I was quite sure it was The Deer Hunter but now I've tried it a bunch of times and it's working...

There are a couple of details, though.
- The subs always show in yellow font on a black background whereas I would expect a white font over a black background. Is that hardcoded or can that be changed? Can't find anything related to that in the settings.
- I have problems with the characters 'ã', 'à' and 'ê'. They don't show up as expected. Are you converting to UTF-8 before converting to ASS/SSA? In order for this to work flawlessly IIRC the SRT needs to be converted to UTF-8.
Or could it be the font in use that doesn't support those special characters? I didn't run into this issue when I tried doing it the manual way 2622050 (post).
Could you please comment?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Kodi 20 Nexus
Are some errors operating system related?

On windows PC's running Kodi 17.3, Cleansubs is running fine but on both my nvidia Shields, also running 17.3, I can't get it to work properly. I'm using the exact same copy of the userdata folder on both platforms. Both platforms access media through SMB.

On the Shield I get numerous exceptions.OSError errors similar to something like this:

Code:
19:55:34.698 T:138313438288   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '\\\\192.168.1.10\\G\\Series\\xxxName')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/sdcard/InternalStorage/Kodi/.kodi/addons/service.cleansubs/default.py", line 1456, in <module>
                                                before = dict([(f, None) for f in os.listdir(subsPath)])
                                            OSError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '\\\\192.168.1.10\\G\\Series\\xxxName')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<
--
(2017-08-14, 20:40)DragonFly Wrote: Are some errors operating system related?

On windows PC's running Kodi 17.3, Cleansubs is running fine but on both my nvidia Shields, also running 17.3, I can't get it to work properly. I'm using the exact same copy of the userdata folder on both platforms. Both platforms access media through SMB.

On the Shield I get numerous exceptions.OSError errors similar to something like this:

Code:
19:55:34.698 T:138313438288   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '\\\\192.168.1.10\\G\\Series\\xxxName')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/sdcard/InternalStorage/Kodi/.kodi/addons/service.cleansubs/default.py", line 1456, in <module>
                                                before = dict([(f, None) for f in os.listdir(subsPath)])
                                            OSError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '\\\\192.168.1.10\\G\\Series\\xxxName')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<
--
Linux probably expands paths differently. I'll have a look when i return from vacation.

Sent from my S8+
Hi DaLanik,

i tried your addon after i used your other great addon "KClean", unfortunatly there was an error message as i was downloading a new subtitle. Maybe you can give me hint if I did something wrong.

Pastebin

Thank you in advance, i appreciate it Smile .

Greetings

cgi2011
Can you please confirm what you are doing;

* You are downloading the subs via addon (subscene)
* What is your platform?

There is a problem with path: 'No such file or directory', '\\\\Schr0dinger\\Movies\\Adventure')

so there is double \\ at the beginning. Can you post here your settings file for Cleansubs?
DaLanik, I'm guessing you're asking me....

Okay
  • Using multiple subtitle addons
    Addic7ed, open-subtitles, super-subtitles, podnapisi. Subtitle downloads are activated manually or through Autosubs
  • Platform is Android 7.0 (Nvidia Shield TV)
  • Double "\\"
    Windows File Server: Files are located at \\192.168.1.10\G\Series\xxxName (windows notation), accessed by Kodi through SMB.
    Kodi Library: Content is added to Kodi's library where entries look like smb://192.168.1.10/G/Series/SeriesName/EpisodeName.mkv (mind the "/"). There's absolutely no problem playing content from the server.
    Video Player: When opening a file, the log shows Opening: smb://192.168.1.10/G/Series/SeriesName/SeriesEpisode.mkv
    Cleansubs: On error only the log shows double "\\": \\\\192.168.1.10\\G\\Series\\SeriesName.
    By the way: Cleansubs shows an error-popup in Kodi even BEFORE external subtitles are chosen or even downloaded. It generates an error on the SeriesName not being there, not the SeriesEpisode

Finaly the cleansubs settings: I didn't really change much
Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="ID" value="48da7974-32ea-4f4b-b668-f2c661caf4c7" />
    <setting id="IDSynced" value="1" />
    <setting id="blackbar" value="false" />
    <setting id="custdef" value="true" />
    <setting id="delorigsub" value="false" />
    <setting id="folder" value="" />
    <setting id="herlines" value="2" />
    <setting id="info" value="true" />
    <setting id="logo" value="false" />
    <setting id="method" value="0" />
    <setting id="on" value="true" />
    <setting id="removecc" value="false" />
    <setting id="removetags" value="false" />
</settings>
Thanx for the info.

If I can ask for 1 more thing, I just need to see exactly what path is it using from guisettings.xml, under [subtitles] line <custompath> - I suppose this is where the paths is stored.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CleanSubs - (Clean subtitles from the ads and other rubbish)2