• 20(current)
Release CleanSubs - (Clean subtitles from the ads and other rubbish)
Since there were no complaints, I moved the 6.19 to the regular repo from the test repo:

v6.2
- Option to change text color with black bar (background)
- Fix for smb:// paths in Android, Linux, MacOS
I have problem with cleansub... cleansubs start but don't display subtitles ( hide subtitles )
I can't see anything relating to CLEANSUBS in your log, please use pastebin to post your log, otherwise the forum will become unreadable. See http://www.pastebin.com/
I'm a new Kodi users (Android, Nvidia Shield 2017))
I have all my files on my NAS and use SickBeard to handle files and Subs.
I installed CleanSubs yesterday and running into a few issues when running the script manually.

I have 4 video libs, 2 contain subs.
Cleaning the Movie lib is OK with the exception that even the " Option to delete original subtitles" option enabled I still have the ORIGINAL sub files

My TV series folders are using season folders (TV series\Series_name\Season) and it seems the season folder isn't scanned at all

Any tips how to solve these issues.
I suppose you are cleaning libraries (I mean option to clean lib nor arbitrary folder)?
Does this add-on work with Leia nightlies?
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Why don't you try Smile
I did. It didn't do anything.  Let me try again and I'll post a log.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
The log is from a clean lib attempt, but I also tried adding the TV series root folder and doing a arbitrary clean. Also nothing happened there.
Yes, it only scans 2 levels deep in library
Thanks, would you please consider adding a season folder option (go one level deeper)?
It was like that in older versions - then we found out that Python's standard method, which does all this automatically (os.walk()) doesn't work with NFS and SMB etc , only works with local files. So I switched to Kodi's builtin xbmcvfs.listdir(), which works just fine, but get's only 1st level... So I'd have to do all reading of sub levels manually, which is pain in the *ss. Smile Will see what I can do....
Thanks for looking into it.

EDIT: perhaps a silly idea but would it be possible to use nested xbmcvfs.listdir()
fist to make a list of all in my case series and the use xbmcvfs.listdir() from the folder found in the first run.
Hi DaLanik.
Have you had the time to add the capability of adding a black background to the subtitles even if the downloaded subs don't need to be cleaned?
It would improve the reading experience so much when the subs don't need to be cleaned but the movie picture is bright...
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Amazon FireTV stick 4k Max
(worst device ever for running Kodi on...)

Kodi 20 Nexus
gone temporarily back to Kodi 19.5 due to Nexus subtitles font issues
I'll take a look when I have some spare time, right now I'm all lost in Xiaomi lights and devices Smile
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CleanSubs - (Clean subtitles from the ads and other rubbish)2