add on help
Hi All

I was trying to set up my friends MXPRO android box last night which he bough prloaded with kodi. (ebay)

It was running on Jarvis 16.0 - a lot of the addons would work or were very slow . He internet speed is good so no issue there.

Would it be better to install 16.1 ?
We don't support pre-loaded/fully loaded boxes here, as they are almost exclusively pre-loaded with banned add-ons (wiki) which violate our forum rules (wiki). Similarly any seller selling such a box is breaking the terms of service by distributing media-supplying add-ons pre-installed.

For more information, see this blog and also this one (the point there being that pre-installed add-ons takes away the choice and responsibility element).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Darren

thanks for your reply , I dint know this and I apologise. I set up my own box and installed all my own addons. He got his and it wasn't working correctly. im assuming it be best to wipe it and start again.
Apologies for going against forum rules.
Yes. We would always advocate a complete wipe and restart from fresh in such scenarios.

Indeed doing so is the one point where we will assist on such boxes, as we do want people to use and enjoy Kodi, using legitimate sources. It's only if they insist on using more dodgy ones that we draw the line. But as I noted above, the point is that the end user is making that choice and decision, it's not being made for them by others who are selling the boxes (especially those who sell access to such stuff as being what Kodi is all about, which it isn't).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
add on help0