Solved Album Thumbnails not Showing
I have exactly the same issue at the Music (not MV) section, running on OSMC 16.1 and Raspberry Pi 2B:
I have both a .TBN and a .JPG album image file in every album folder, and all I want from OSMC is displaying them but it doesn't.
However, same as in the entry post, when I search for the image manually I get it displayed but only beneath the album folder and not at the start screen (Music) where usually all the thumbnails should show up.

I even tried this here (rebuild thumbnail cache) but to no avail:
http://www.htpcbeginner.com/clear-xbmc-t...humbnails/

Any solution to this obviously platform-independent bug?

EDIT: After rebooting the Pi those thumbs which I linked manually (as described before) also show up at the Music start screen.
But I won't do that for each of my 500 album folders for sure.
Meanwhile I also disabled that Universal Album Scraper add-on and changed to local content scanning only, but up to now it seems that the scan process breaks same as before, and the local thumbs don't show up Undecided
Split to separate thread as album thumbnails and music video artist image issues are not the same thing.

Not sure what you mean by album images on the start screen, but needing to restart to fresh seeing them seems reasonable.

So your issue is that you have folder.jpg images in every album folder but Kodi is not automatically showing them, correct?
Yes Dave, I have even both folder.jpg and folder.tbn images in every album folder, and the only way to get them displayed e.g. at the album view is to manually search for them, then mark the image and confirm to use it for the corresponding album.

So both library and album information scan options don't make the album thumbs show up.

P.S. with the start screen I mean the entry point, e.g. when navigating from the Video or Movies menu to Music. Right there you also see a selection of albums, usually with the album thumbs (if OSMC would have recognized them)
Can you also confirm what your folder structure is. I presume the song files for an album are in something like c:/MyMusic/Artist/Album?

I'll see if I can reproduce the problem. I am guess that it may have something to do with the thumbnail not being found the first time the album is created, and subsequent scans then not trying to find it unless you manualy force it album at a time.

You have set to scrape information locally from NFO. Are there any NFO files hanging about?
My folder structure is as follows:

\\smb\my_music\Album\*.mp3
\\smb\my_music\Album\thumbnail.jpg
\\smb\my_music\Album\thumbnail.tbn

I also tried with NFO but with the same outcome.
Right now I switched back to Album Scraper add-on with only downloading ratings, all other options disabled.
Sorry to be pedantic, but do you mean "thumbnail.jpg"? The album images need to be called "folder.jpg"

Also note that with that folder structure any folder.jpg, fanart.jpg or artist.nfo in smb\my_music\ will be applied to all the artists (just in case you are seeing some odd artist images).
That is a very good point.
My image files have the name of the album usually, so for example, if the album name is 'Yellow_Submarine' my image files are 'Yellow_Submarine.jpg' and 'Yellow_Submarine.tbn'

Is it really that all images must have one and the same name, 'folder.jpg' respectively 'folder.tbn' ?
(2016-07-24, 09:24)timzett Wrote: Is it really that all images must have one and the same name, 'folder.jpg' respectively 'folder.tbn' ?

Yes.
It is a moot point if some fuzzy logic could be used to allow something like the album name as the image name. Having all the images with the same name is not easy to manage, but using album name is also not trival - you have to deal with illegal files names, and treat coisistently e.g. Yellow_submarine or YellowSubmarine etc.

It probably helps to keep the individually named files you have and just copy them to folder.jpg,
Thanks Dave, I will have a try by renaming some of the files to folder.jpg respectively folder.tbn
Do you know if something else needs to considered afterwards, like library scan or a reboot etc. in order to make the change become effective?
Once the folder,jpg files are in place then click on "Update Library" on the side blade, that should fetch the tumbnails.

I would not rename the images but copy them (just in case some time in the future you get confused which folder.jpg is which and overwrite one)
Great - worked like a charm :-)
After renaming all my thumbnail files to folder.jpg (I used the [AlbumName].tbn files for that and still have a copy like [AlbumName].jpg) and performing the library update the images appeared.
Thanks a lot for your help Dave.

What made me confused at first was an article where it was written that .tbn files (which are actually copies of the .jpg files) should be used, but actually I should have just read further down the line to see that it is not valid for folders (starting at section 9):
http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_music_to_the_library

Anyway, if someone else has the same issue than me you might like to have the following line of PowerShell code (for Windows) on hand for fixing it:
Code:
# Parses your folder recursively for files ending with .tbn and renames them to folder.jpg
Get-ChildItem $StartFolder -filter *.tbn -Recurse | Rename-Item -NewName folder.jpg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Album Thumbnails not Showing0