Change Widget position
Hi everyone,
I have been playing with the Aeon Nox 5 Silvo skin for some time now and I have to say I absolutely love it. A huge thank you to everyone involved in its development.
I especially like the customizability, as I like to tweak the skin to my own preferences.

My Question: How can I change the vertical positioning of the widgets on the home page? I would like to move them down to show more of the background image.
I have managed to move the main menu controls to the bottom of the screen but I cannot figure out how to move the widgets. I am by no means a coder, but I am not afraid to learn.

I am currently only using widget 1, with the compact panel view.

Please help me find the solution. I apologize if his answer has already been given, but I did not find it in any of my search results.

Thanks in advance for any and all help,

G.
(2016-07-26, 00:39)grc64 Wrote: Hi everyone,
I have been playing with the Aeon Nox 5 Silvo skin for some time now and I have to say I absolutely love it. A huge thank you to everyone involved in its development.
I especially like the customizability, as I like to tweak the skin to my own preferences.

My Question: How can I change the vertical positioning of the widgets on the home page? I would like to move them down to show more of the background image.
I have managed to move the main menu controls to the bottom of the screen but I cannot figure out how to move the widgets. I am by no means a coder, but I am not afraid to learn.

I am currently only using widget 1, with the compact panel view.

Please help me find the solution. I apologize if his answer has already been given, but I did not find it in any of my search results.

Thanks in advance for any and all help,

G.
Thanks go to BigNoid the genius creator of Aeon Nox 5, Mr. V for the greatness of the Widgets for Jarvis and up, and everyone else who had a hand in all the cool things offered in the skin Smile

Does switching to Widget 2 work cause Widget 1 should always be on top but Widget 2 should always be on the bottom, if I remember correctly... Huh

If you are on anything below Kodi v16.1 Jarvis please update Wink
Thanks mikeSiLVO, for the quick response, and thanks again to BigNoid, Mr. V and everyone else.

I am using Jarvis v16.1,

Switching to Widget 2 does not help as it is actually displayed above widget 1 when both are active.

What I am attempting is to move widget 1 ( or both 1 and 2 if necessary ) to a lower position on the home screen.
It seems logical to me that their positions must be defined somewhere, most likely in one of the many .xml files. I just don't seem to be able to figure out where or in which one.
I really appreciate any help with this.
(2016-07-26, 01:23)grc64 Wrote: Thanks mikeSiLVO, for the quick response, and thanks again to BigNoid, Mr. V and everyone else.

I am using Jarvis v16.1,

Switching to Widget 2 does not help as it is actually displayed above widget 1 when both are active.

What I am attempting is to move widget 1 ( or both 1 and 2 if necessary ) to a lower position on the home screen.
It seems logical to me that their positions must be defined somewhere, most likely in one of the many .xml files. I just don't seem to be able to figure out where or in which one.
I really appreciate any help with this.
Ah, OK... I see you want to adjust the position beyond what is offered. The issue with that is where do you want to move it to, exactly, cause there is not a lot of room to begin with... Do you have some screenshots to show where you want to move it to? I assume you want to subtract the space for the label between the top system bar and the widget but before I look into the code deeply, I'd like to know what your intended outcome is before I do. Just a warning... If this is for a "Build" (I will find out) do not respond. If it is for a personal mod for yourself then I will be glad to help (time willing of course) Smile
@ mikeSiLVO,
This is absolutely for my own personal use, however I understand your reason for concern and I DO appreciate any help you can provide.

]Image
This is the standard layout.

This is how it looks after I moved the main menu down.

What I am aiming for is to have the widget moved down to the point where the widget label "RECENTLY ADDED MOVIES" sits right above the main menu, thus showing as much of the background image as possible. If the Info section can also be moved down accordingly that would be nice, but not vital.

I moved the menu down by a factor of 87 points. ( By which I mean I added 87 to the "top></top" value in the home.xml )

Please let me know if you need more information, and thanks again for your help.

G.
BTW the movies shown above are part of my personal collection contained in my EMBY server. In case you have any concerns there. Smile
Nah, I don't care where you get your media from... I just do not like builds Smile
Mods I like as long as you do not come to these forums asking for help but then post it elsewhere... Wink

I started looking through the almost 10,000 lines of code for the widgets but then just realized it would be easier if you add
Code:
<animation effect="slide" end="0,87" condition="!String.IsEqual(Skin.String(MainMenu.Layout),$LOCALIZE[31994]) + Skin.HasSetting(lowermainmenu)">Conditional</animation>
to the other animations in the Includes_Widgets.xml file under the Widget1 include. That should do exactly what you want, let me know Cool

P.S. You can change the 87 to whatever looks best. Remember to reload the skin or restart Kodi to see the changes.
Perfect !!

That is fantastic, exactly what I was trying to achieve. Thank you so much.

I did change the 87 factor as you suggested but the code you provided did the job.

I have one more question, I do not wish to seem ungrateful, since you provided exactly the solution I asked for.
However, the changes which I made to lower the main menu, have resulted in the focus being moved from it to the widget. How can I restore the focus to the main menu on startup?

Thanks again. I really appreciate the help you have provided. I have been playing with this for days.

G.
You would have to tell me the changes you made cause altering the position of the menu bar or adding a slide animation won't affect what gets focused. Home always focuses id 9000 regardless of the position of the menu.
I only made 2 changes in home.xml.
i changed:

<control type="group">
<visible>!StringCompare(Skin.String(MainMenu.Layout),$LOCALIZE[31994])</visible>
<top>424</top>
to:
<control type="group">
<visible>!StringCompare(Skin.String(MainMenu.Layout),$LOCALIZE[31994])</visible>
<top>511</top>

and:
<control type="group">
<top>453</top>

to:
<control type="group">
<top>540</top>
As I mentioned before, all I did was change the "top></top" value by a factor of +87. This change made the focus change from the main menu to widget 1.
Is there a better (cleaner) way to change the main menu position, similar to the way in which you helped me move the widget, which would still leave it in focus?

Thanks again for the help.
UPDATE
I figured it out and achieved the results I was looking for.
By taking the lead from the code you provided to move the widget, I changed the way in which I moved the main menu. This resulted in the focus staying with the main menu as I wanted it to.

Thank you so much for the help. The results are awesome.

G.

Big Grin
Hey;

I used the advice you posted here to lower my widgets when using Aeon Nox Silvo 5 and Jarvis, and it worked flawlessly. Thank you for the help, it allowed me to move the widgets downward so I could view the backgrounds I had put in place for each menu better!

Now that Kodi 17 has come out, I have downloaded the new Version of Aeon Nox Silvo and am currently in the process of migrating my settings so things look more or less the same. I noticed that some of the XML files in the new skin are a bit different, and I am having a bit of difficulty getting the widgets to move down like they did when I added the animation command to the Includes_Widgets.xml. I modified the conditions in the animation command to suit the code present in the home.xml, but I just can't seem to get the animation to take effect. Here is what the line I entered looks like:

<animation effect="slide" end="0,140" condition="!String.IsEqual(Skin.String(MainMenu.Layout),15) + !Skin.HasSetting(lowermainmenu)">Conditional</animation>

Perhaps you can see what I'm doing wrong. Any Advice would be appreciated.
*Update*

I removed

+ !Skin.HasSetting(lowermainmenu)

from the line of code and now the widget appears exactly where I want it to. However; I'm guessing this might have undesirable effects if the main menu position wasn't set to low in the skin settings.
Anyone know how to center align the bottom row of the widget?
I have been trying to figure it out for three days but no dice.
I know (or think) it's in the script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml because I have edit some of the code and the widget moves, but everytime I reload the skin it reverts back reverts back to default..
Any help would be appreciated.

http://i.imgur.com/HOibklQ.png

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change Widget position0