Video Library: Direct to Titles View from Movies and TV Shows in Library Mode?
Having now set up a source called movies, which within it has; Dads, Natashas, Kids, works fine.... only wonder if their is a way to allocate a thumbnail to each folder? hitting the white button does not give this option as it is not itself a source but a folder within the source!

not a big deal but would be kinda nice to create thumbnail made up of the movies within the folder to represent the folder itself.
does anyone know how I would go about adding a "new" view into PM3 HD. The vies is from the original PM 3 DVD Icons, this had 5 movies accross and 2 down, therefore scanning was much quicker than the dvd view. List is too small as this is in my bedroom on my 26" lcd.

any way would love to mod this one as AEON seems to drain my mem and occassionally locks up.
Why has the menu as shown in the pictures not been added to the new PM3 HD screen? I added the changes as shown about two years ago now and it was fine, but I've recently changed my skin to MediaStream which I believe is fantastic. The home screen on that has 'Movies' and 'TV Shows' separate, just like my custom PM3, but without me manually changing anything.

I have just changed over to have a look at the PM3 HD skin and I LOVE IT!!! However, because this "simple" function is not available, I feel I will simply continue to use MediaStream as I can't be bothered playing with the code again.

Honestly though, as a Media Centre, what are we using it for? TV Shows and Movies. Anything outside of those two catogories, I simply navigate to in File mode. Why can't they just add it to the skin?
Thank you all for this thread... this functionality should be the default behaviour but at least now i know how to do it Smile
conza Wrote:Got assistance from the IRC channel, problem solved. Smile

Could you post how you solved this for the HD skin?

Thanks,
Dave
If anyone has achieved a "Movies" and "TV Shows/Series" button setup on PM3.HD (with direct to titles), please post home.xml or how you did it?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I've looked around and done several searches. I'd like to have separate Home screen buttons for Movies and TV Shows that go directly to "titles" view. I found advice on how to set this up for the old PM3 skin, but when I got into the xml it looked a bit different for the new HD skin.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!
I'm feeling generous what buttons do you want gone because I assume you still want all the normal ones too ?
As I said in the other thread
"I'm feeling generous what buttons do you want gone because I assume you still want all the normal ones too ? "
I would be fine and dandy with just

Movies
TV Shows

Music
Pictures
Weather

Sorry, I must have missed that post! Thanks for the quick reply.
look here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43742
I believe he is requesting a "Movies" button and a "TV Shows" button directly in the home menu.

So a home menu that in the 'root' has:
Movies
TV Shows
Videos
Music
Pictures
Weather
Scripts
Settings

Just like AEON and MediaStream skins has Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:I believe he is requesting a "Movies" button and a "TV Shows" button directly in the home menu.

So a home menu that in the 'root' has:
Movies
TV Shows
Videos
Music
Pictures
Weather
Scripts
Settings

Just like AEON and MediaStream skins has Wink

you should probably read the newer posts before the old ones
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43742
posted it a few hours ago now
Jezz_X Wrote:you should probably read the newer posts before the old ones
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43742
posted it a few hours ago now

Hmm. Don't know how I missed this one...

I probably should have made it clear this is for my Xbox XBMC, as I use other skins for my Mac. Thanks for the link to the thread, I'll keep an eye on it for the Xbox version!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Library: Direct to Titles View from Movies and TV Shows in Library Mode?0