v16 Enabled MySQL - Multiple Video Source Problems Resulted
Smile Is there any other version of Star Wars?

Update: I ended up manually typing the advancedsettings.xml file on the RPi-OSMC to be exactly what it reads in the advancedsettings.xml file on the Windows Kodi client, character for character. I no longer get a 1049 error. According to the OSMC log, it seems to be able to see the exact same MyVideos99 and MyMusic56 databases that the Windows client is seeing.

However, the watched status and progress/bookmark status still aren't functioning across clients, and I can't find any indication in either clients' log as to why.

This exists identically in both advancedsettings.xml files:
Code:
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
(2016-07-30, 03:16)foogama Wrote: However, the watched status and progress/bookmark status still aren't functioning across clients, and I can't find any indication in either clients' log as to why.
Have you got it working yet?

When I had the same issue, the watched status not carrying across to other clients was the way I realised that the clients were not accessing the mysql database, they were using the local database. I then installed phpmyadmin so I could look at what was in the database (answer: nothing). Unfortunately, Kodi uses the same database identifier whether it is locally stored or a shared mysql database. It's called MyVideos## and MyMusic## (the number is different in different versions of Kodi) whether it is local or on your server. I found the log unhelpful in telling you whether it was logging onto the mysql database and I couldn't find anywhere how it was logging on (as I mentioned before, I was using xbmc until Krypton, now kodi works, it didn't before....)

If it isn't working for you yet, I'd again suggest installing phpmyadmin so you can look at the mysql database. If it's got nothing in it as mine didn't, you'll know that your pi isn't accessing it yet.
I appreciate the reply and suggestion. I tried several other things over the course of two days, including using Emby instead of MySQL. I did not try phpMyAdmin, but once Emby didn't even work, I just gave up entirely and switched to Plex. It is so, so much easier that I don't see myself going back. Which is a shame. There were a lot parts of Kodi that I loved.
(2016-08-02, 04:13)foogama Wrote: Which is a shame. There were a lot parts of Kodi that I loved.
Yes, it is. One day, if you've got nothing better to do, have a play with phpmyadmin, you never know, you might want to try to "tame" mySQL one day. Big Grin
(2016-08-02, 04:13)foogama Wrote: I appreciate the reply and suggestion. I tried several other things over the course of two days, including using Emby instead of MySQL. I did not try phpMyAdmin, but once Emby didn't even work, I just gave up entirely and switched to Plex. It is so, so much easier that I don't see myself going back. Which is a shame. There were a lot parts of Kodi that I loved.

PlexKodiConnect

Alternatively, if you have iOS or Fire OS, MrMC has a Plex client built-in as well

Both make it so the Plex server works as the library backend for Kodi. Very very easy to set up, and gives you the best of both worlds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enabled MySQL - Multiple Video Source Problems Resulted0