Solved american sports network video-addon
It seems they're using a different CDN for the college football games that have been on recently, so I've updated the add-on again. Please download the latest version:

EDIT: Link removed. Please download from post #23.

If you have any issues with the add-on, please post a log (wiki).
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
Thank you very much.Very good work
I just can’t seem to get this to work on my system. I’m running Win7. I get the zip file to add the American Sports Network file to my Video ad-on page, the it keeps saying error when I try to start it. Under Add-on settings, it says “can’t be configured”. Under Add-on information the configure tab is un-lit.

Also if there is a way to get this on a fire-stick please point me that way as well.

Thanks
Dave
dave,did you use the file from post 16
(2016-10-22, 23:10)dewser Wrote: dave,did you use the file from post 16

Yes I did. I tried this one, and one from a you-tub video on how to install it. Both did the same thing.

On a side note, I'm able to watch the football game I was wanting to see (WKU) from their web site. Have my HDMI cable hooked up to my TV from my laptop.

Thanks
Dave
(2016-10-22, 22:56)dbaxter Wrote: I just can’t seem to get this to work on my system. I’m running Win7. I get the zip file to add the American Sports Network file to my Video ad-on page, the it keeps saying error when I try to start it. Under Add-on settings, it says “can’t be configured”. Under Add-on information the configure tab is un-lit.

Also if there is a way to get this on a fire-stick please point me that way as well.

Thanks
Dave

I just checked, and the add-on is working as expected for me on both my laptop and HTPC. Western Kentucky is kicking the crap out of Old Dominion.

I am, however, seeing some unexpected and unusual behavior on my Macbook and tablet. For some reason, both are throwing an error about the simplejson module not existing, even though it does, and is being used by other add-ons. Even re-installing the module manually on my tablet and restarting Kodi did not fix this. Not sure why this is occuring, but I'll look into it.

If you could provide a link a debug log, at least I might be able to determine if this is what is causing your problem as well.

Also, a quick google search provides instructions for installing add-ons on a firestick:

Download and install to Firestick.

(2016-10-23, 01:27)dbaxter Wrote:
(2016-10-22, 23:10)dewser Wrote: dave,did you use the file from post 16

Yes I did. I tried this one, and one from a you-tub video on how to install it. Both did the same thing.

There's a youtube video for this add-on?
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
I'll try again later, and yes... WKU kicked some butt tonight. Smile
Ok, I think I've finally got the live events working correctly. Only having one event each week during the college football season, and frequently at times when I was unable to watch made it difficult to diagnose this one. Watching college hockey right now, U Mass is beating Notre Dame 1-0.

Sorry for not being able to get to this sooner.

EDIT: Newer version available. Please download from the next post.

If you have any issues with the add-on, please post a log (wiki).
Some recent changes to the website caused some serious failures. A new version is now available, and although it seems the Archive section is now gone, Live Events and Featured Videos should be working again.

EDIT: American Sports Network has been replaced by Stadium. Download an early WIP Beta release from post #29.

As usual, if you have any issues with the add-on, please post a log (wiki).
Oops, looks like I pushed out a bad update last time. Apparently I zipped up the add-on with a new addon.xml and changelog.txt, but left the old, broken addon.py file in there.

Sorry 'bout that. Confused

Please download from the link below:

EDIT: American Sports Network has been replaced by Stadium. Download an early WIP Beta release from post #29.

As usual, if you have any issues with the add-on, please post a log (wiki).
The ASN addon and the website both seem to be dead.

According to Wikipedia, ASN is combining with Chalice to form a new venture called "Stadium." Stadium is supposed to launch in late July, both on ASN's broadcast network and streaming on Twitter. Do you know anything about this? Do you plan on building a new addon for Stadium?
(2017-07-22, 01:12)Dennis_D Wrote: The ASN addon and the website both seem to be dead.

According to Wikipedia, ASN is combining with Chalice to form a new venture called "Stadium." Stadium is supposed to launch in late July, both on ASN's broadcast network and streaming on Twitter. Do you know anything about this? Do you plan on building a new addon for Stadium?

This is the first I've heard of this new venture. I might be able to now consolidate 3 of my add-ons into 1.

Quote:In 2017, Sinclair announced that it would fold ASN into a new joint venture with Silver Chalice known as Stadium; it will combine ASN's broadcast distribution platforms with content from Silver Chalice's digital outlets 120 Sports and Campus Insiders.

So far, nothing available yet, but I'll keep my eye on this. Thanks for the info!
They're announcing an August rollout, but no exact date yet.
As posted previously, American Sports Network has been replaced by Stadium, which was formed when Campus Insiders, 120 Sports and American Sports Network combined forces

Stadium has been up and running for about 2 weeks now, so here's an early WIP Beta release. Only provides access to the free live events and limited VOD. I'll be working to add some additional features soon.

Need some feedback.

Stadium - v 2017.09.04A

Any feedback and issues should be posted in the Stadium thread.

Please post a link to a debug log (wiki) when reporting any issues.
@MetalChris would you like me to close this thread?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
american sports network video-addon0