mediaportal client works but addon shows nothing
Title just about sums it up. Mediaportal server is setup on another pc on the network. My own pc has kodi with the mp tv server addon installed. It seems to be connecting fine. It shows the channel list. When I select a channel, it says 'working' for a few seconds and then nothing happens. When I click a channel that's not on the air, it gives me an error saying so. But the channels that should be active... nothing happens. I tried changing all kinds of settings in the addon, but with no luck. The only progress, if you can call it that, is that when I change to ffmeg playback mode after 'working' , it'll also say 'buffering.. 0%' for a few seconds. Still, nothing happens. I'm stumped. The Mediaportal 2 client works fine on this pc. Any suggestions?
Please state the component versions of your setup, along with any relevant log output:
+ TV server
+ TVServerKodi DLL
+ Kodi
+ Mediaportal PVR Client
I guess it's just a network access problem to the timeshift share if the share is created at all.
well, the problem i had to deal with just before this, was an error popping up about not being able to access a folder. Google helped me figure out it had to do with accessing the network share used for timeshift. I went to the server setup and created the share. Problem solved, it seemed. Now we are here
(2016-07-31, 09:13)splatterpop Wrote: Please state the component versions of your setup, along with any relevant log output:
+ TV server
+ TVServerKodi DLL
+ Kodi
+ Mediaportal PVR Client

Well, i just installed all of this last week, to see what would work best to replace mediacenter with the windows 10 upgrade reaching it's deadline. Totalmedia worked best, but stopped working. Mediaportal is pretty good. I'd prefer to use Kodi as a frontend, though. Anyway, so all the components are the latest as of july 27.
MP2-Setup-Spring16, the latest dll for mediaportal2 and kodi-jarvis
Where can I find the logs for kodi?
Log_file/Easy (wiki)
I managed to solve the problem. I skipped a simple troubleshooting step... trying Kodi on the server. It worked, so it had to be something to do with network security. I noticed i had trouble accessing some folders on the server pc in the same way as before upgrading to windows 10. All settings looked correct. I spent days fighting with it and my network's security is now no doubt full of holes, but now tv works from within Kodi. Thanks for the help, guys. Now to get everyone in the house to stop using Plex and get used to Kodi...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mediaportal client works but addon shows nothing0