Can't access sidebar
Hi all,

First off, I love Metropolis and have been using it for ages, best skin I've found.
I'm running Kodi on Raspberry Pi and up until recently was using OpenElec as the OS. Having been advised by a friend to try OSMC instead I've just finished rebuilding my Kodi setup, with Metropolis.
Unfortunately, for some reason, I am unable to access the sidebar menu now. I used to just press left on the remote and it would appear. I've tried pressing every button to no avail. I just want to be able to change the view/layout of my menus. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
I don't have any experience with OSMC unfortunately, but I'm not sure how they could have broken that. The sidebar is accessed by just going until you can't any more and then one more time, so unless your left key is broken, I'm not sure..

If you're thinking of the context menu (accessed with the 'c' key on a keyboard), it's possible you're using a remote and they didn't bind a button to 'c'?
No, I can access the context menu with "c", that's fine. I did use to press left and the sidebar would appear so I could change the view settings. Left button on my remote works fine. Guess I'll have to stick with all my menus being in list view!
You could send me a log and I'll see if anything looks wrong.
Sorry, how do I do that? Thanks for your help.
OK, is this what you need? I turned on debug and tried to replicate my problem and then uploaded the log.

http://paste.osmc.io/eyecagohek
Hmm. Did you try to transfer your Kodi settings over to the new setup?

I don't off the top of my head know what's happening, but it does look like something's up.. maybe try resetting the settings in Metropolis (Settings->Metropolis->Debug->Click to reset Metropolis to defaults) and/or re-installing the skin.
Are you trying to use left in addons, does using left in a normal local video list menu work?

I see a bunch of errors relating to non-existent windows and control ids, if using left isn't working with normal Kodi windows (not addons), it may be a plugin that is capturing the key-presses, maybe try disabling Next-Aired-TV and the TV-Guide plugins (i see them showing up in your debug logs a lot).

Could it be something as simple as you have "Kiosk" mode turned on?

Does it also not work with other skins? If it doesn't work with other skins it's the Kodi build.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Thanks MacGyver, it was all down to having a tick next to kiosk mode! Don't even know what that does but thank you!
Kiosk mode prevents you from modifying views, settings, libraries etc. It's use case would be something like a demonstration booth.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't access sidebar0