HowTo fix - iOS 9.3.3 Jailbreak - out of space issue (failed in buffer_write(fd))
Well there is no real fix yet. But here are special instructions to install Kodi on those jailbroken devices.

Mostly only devices with 16GB overall memory are hit by those "failed in buffer_write(fd))" errors because those have the smallest system partition.

Basically with the following commands we ensure that Kodi isn't installed into the system partition but "stashed" - which means its installed in the way bigger data partition like all normal appstore apps too. For this to work you need to install OpenSSH from cydia and connect to your device as root user via ssh (as mentioned everywhere, the default root password is "alpine")

In Cydia, add a new source with the url "https://clayfreeman.github.io/appstash/"

Install from cydia:
OpenSSH
appstash
wget

The following commands assume you are already logged in into your device via ssh (do ssh root@<ip of ios device> to do that from Terminal.app or putty or whatever ssh client you have at hand).

Code:
$ cd /var/root
$ wget <url to kodi ios deb>
$ dpkg -x <name of the downloaded kodi.deb> /var/root
$ appstash -a /var/root/Applications/Kodi.app/
$ rm -r /var/root/Applications
$ uicache; sync; killall -9 SpringBoard
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I can't find appstash in cydia with the repo you mentioned. Are you talking about "Stashing for 9.2 - 9.3.3" in the coolstar repo? If so the appstash command doesn't exist in that tweak. I also believe the creator changed it to only stash stuff in /usr/bin and /usr/lib.
Sorry - mentioned the wrong repo - fixed now
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
iPhone 5s 16gb jailbroken over the browser with pp
Tried the instructions, but stuck at the appstash command
says ... waiting and nothing after that

in iFilie i can see that Kodi.app is created in PublicStaging folder but nothing after that
hm..?
sorry if I'm not seeing something obvious, not an expert in this.
Honestly, with this current jailbreak being dependent on an assistant app (for whenever the device reboots) that is also limited to a 7 day xcode signing window, I don't see the point.

* Ned Scott sticks with iOS 9.0 jailbreak.

EDIT: Hopefully a more long-term solution comes up, so the effort is still appreciated, as always. Thanks.
Use the 2nd method and add a hyphen to the file in ifunbox.
It's simple.
You will be able to at least use 15.2 somewhat.
use iFile or iFunbox to rename

then install through Cydia

just worked for me....

edit by memphiz: removed that idea because it will result in the fact that you need to restore the device after the first reboot...
(2016-08-02, 01:17)Ned Scott Wrote: Honestly, with this current jailbreak being dependent on an assistant app (for whenever the device reboots) that is also limited to a 7 day xcode signing window, I don't see the point.

* Ned Scott sticks with iOS 9.0 jailbreak.

EDIT: Hopefully a more long-term solution comes up, so the effort is still appreciated, as always. Thanks.

I had to replace my phone a few months back and was forced into a 9.3 update, so I'm def pretty happy about it. Smile
For sure, if people are already on 9.3 then this is very good. My message was more of a warning for people who were thinking of updating from past versions that might already be jailbroken :)
can anyone make a video on how to do this because i have no idea on what i have to do with the code
[edit]
im a bit of a noob when it comes to these i just want to install things then it be working
iPhone:~ root# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/disk0s1s1 2.9G 2.9G 0 100% /
devfs 54K 54K 0 100% /dev
/dev/disk0s1s2 12G 7.0G 5.0G 59% /private/var
/dev/disk0s1s3 10M 2.0M 8.0M 20% /private/var/wireless/baseband_data
/dev/disk4 224M 64M 161M 29% /Developer

Im guessing it wont install cause disk0s1s1 is full? if so how can i go about clearing up some space I have icleaner and after running it no space has changed on disk0s1s
can anyone help me?
(2016-08-02, 09:02)pezwihongi Wrote: use iFile or iFunbox to rename

then install through Cydia

just worked for me....

What you suggested is very fatal. You don't even know what this does. Well I do. Reboot your device once at any time and all your apps will be vanished. The only thing to come back from this state is restoreing and redoing the JB.
What you suggested only works on older ios versions and only when it is really a untethered jailbreak.
in general houndog you got the problem. There is no easy way to free up space on the system partition. Thats what appstash does - it installs the app on the data partition (but its not as simple as copying it over... - thats why it doesn't work with all apps - for me it worked with kodi though...)
(2016-08-01, 07:15)Memphiz Wrote: Sorry - mentioned the wrong repo - fixed now

there is still no appstash i don't know what to do

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HowTo fix - iOS 9.3.3 Jailbreak - out of space issue (failed in buffer_write(fd))0