HowTo fix - iOS 9.3.3 Jailbreak - out of space issue (failed in buffer_write(fd))
No idea - never gets stuck on my ipad mini retina
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-08-27, 15:57)Memphiz Wrote: No idea - never gets stuck on my ipad mini retina

Same is happening to me. 16gb ipad Air 2.

Stuck at appstash... waiting..
I'm stuck at waiting also.... 16gb iphone 6+ 9.3.3

Edit: This is driving me insane how difficult it is to get it installed.
Shortcut: ***removed***

Now, how do I cleanup everything that made a mess with all these attempted installs from before?
nyet, you will get no help with such methods.
It's the only solution, yet forbidden to discuss, nice Ned.
Apple revokes those signatures by the truck load, so I would not expect it to work for long. That is one of the reasons we don't like them. It's also pointless to do on an already jailbroken device.
You push the .ipa to the device using cydia impactor and sign the .ipa with your own Apple ID. At least that's my theory. It might expire after a week but I think I'm good for a year. It's the only solution right now until there's a better fix.
snip
Do that and See all your Apps vanish in Nirvana After a while. Thats the reason why i didn't Distribute that howto because it does no good. But please try it yourself - Just don't reboot the device ever After that procedure...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Now i see what you mean, every system app acts like a jailbroken one and won't open anymore without jailbreak.
At least the PP app still works to jailbreak the Phone.

Thanks for the Information and sorry for posting.

best regards,
MarkusP87
deleted
Hi Memphiz, and anyone else having fun getting Kodi into your ios device. I have a Ipad air 2 a 12Gig with 7 to spare. df -h gets

Code:
Filesystem           Size  Used   Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/disk0s1s        12.9G 2.8G   73M   98%
/devfs               53K   53K    0     100% /dev
/dev/disk0s1s2       12G   4.8G   7.2G  40%  /private/var

(sorry couldn't get these to line up no matter how I edited them. I guess a pic is the only way, but don't know how to insert pic yet)

I followed all instructions/commands and I too get the waiting from appstash

Code:
root# appstash -a /var/root/Applications/Kodi.app/
Stashing /var/root/Applications/Kodi.app/ ... waiting

Then I check with iFile to see that the stashing seems to complete and sends everything to /var/mobile/Media/PublicStaging. But I don't get a return prompt even after 10 mins. I send a brake ctrl-x and I get prompt back then issue the
Code:
root# rm -r /var/root/Applications
root# uicache; sync; killall -9 SpringBoard

it restarts and no Kodi icon. tried this 3 times had to remove the PublicStaging because of

Code:
appstash -a /var/root/Applications/Kodi.app/
Stashing /var/root/Applications/Kodi.app/ ... ERROR: /var/root/Applications/Kodi.app/, /private/var/mobile/Media/PublicStaging/Kodi.app, âKodiâPublicStagingâ.

So at least for me it was so far a no go. But thanks everyone especially Memphiz for trying. If I get it to work somehow I'll let you'll know how.
Finally got it working using the iCleaner method!!
Kodi would take about 150Mb space in the system partition. I was able to free 250Mb space after removing all unnecessary languages and wallpapers from the system partition using iCleaner.
Got 2.6Gb/2.9Gb after the cleaning.
Then, I used iFile to install the .deb file that I downloaded from the Kodi website.

**Don't forget to ReSpring after installation is completed, otherwise the icon won't show up.

Good luck guys!
Finally got Kodi installed after several days of fighting it.

1st, removed all unnecessary languages with iCleaner. In iCleaner, hit the + at the bottom left of the screen and select Languages. Then click "Languages to remove". Click "All" at the top right BUT MAKE SURE YOU UNCHECK JAPANESE BEFORE PROCEEDING. Some emoji packs require japanese to function correctly. Also note that english will not be removed as it is required and is not included in the language removal list. Hit the back button until you return to the main screen, then run the cleaner as normal.

2nd, install "Apple File Conduit 2" from Cydia, then force close Cydia after it installs. Use iFunbox from your computer and go to "Raw File System". Rename .cydia_no_stash to .cydia_no_stash- Disconnect your device from the computer and launch Cydia and it should start preparing the file system and the phone should reboot. Re-enable the jailbreak, then re-run iCleaner and respring.
For those who might need this still. I moved the installed app to the default applications app en resprong and then it worked for me. might be that the appstash command did some work (i don't know) but for Kodi 17.6 this worked for me.

mv /var/root/Kodi.app/  /Applications
uicache; sync; killall -9 SpringBoard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HowTo fix - iOS 9.3.3 Jailbreak - out of space issue (failed in buffer_write(fd))0