Bug '..' background is black when browsing library Movie Set
When browsing the Movie library and selecting a movie set, then highlighting '..', Kodi shows a black background.

In confluence this is normally a default background; so it is the same, now. However, other skins: Chroma, show the same background as '..'; i.e. the movie set background. I'm pretty sure T! used to do this, too. This can be duplicated in Linux and Windows Kodi V16.1, T! V9.1.2.

I tried to find a way to install the previous version if T! to verify it just happened, but no joy. Is this due to changing from SVN to GIT, and I will be able to download previous releases as they accumulate in GIT? Or is there some other way I am missing?
Prowling in some jurisdictions is in violation of local ordinances.

If T! doesn't find any backgrounds available (it does make an attempt) it shows nothing, but of course you can manually set them, and using Movie Set Artwork Automator for the ease of work-arounds http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=1313020

You can download whatever you like, but going backward in iterations is contrary to what is normal, so you might run into some bumps on that road.

Fresh install is always the best.
Two thumbs up for a quick response!

>> However, other skins: Chroma, show the same background as '..', which was not black

To be clear, a background appears at the Movie Set level, then drilling into the Movie Set automatically highlights '..', the first item, which then has a black background. If you click on the '..' item then background reappears. Other skins don't do this.

Yes, I was a little lazy and didn't provide pictures, but I will if it is still unclear how to duplicate.
OK so let me rephrase: the issue is a black background with the first movie in focus once inside a set?

Is this all views, or does changing the view bring the image into focus? Are all drives online and the images accessible at all times? Off hand it sounds like some sort of cache issue with images not either bring available in a timely fashion and a re-triggering of the set brings them to light. I don't seem to have this issue with Jarvis 16.1 and can't replicate, but did notice if all the drives are not available, the images don't show... looks like sets are direct look up art work, but the movie art itself is cached. I'm wondering if an artwork clean-up would help with the fragmentation, Check out the add-on 'Profile Cleaner' http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=264018
thanx for the report! i'll fix it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'..' background is black when browsing library Movie Set0