the movie database
hi
very new to this so bit of a dunce. have raspberry pi and have followed these instructions:

To install this add-on you must do so from the Add-on manager from within Kodi by going to:
Settings
Add-ons
Install from repository (v15/v16) / Get add-ons (v14)
Kodi add-on repository
Information providers (v16 and higher)
Movie information
The Movie Database
Install

'the movie database' option is already marked enabled but the 'run' button is greyed out - not an available option. have uninstalled & reinstalled but cannot run.
gone back to - video-files but no movie database. have also looked at video- get more add ons but the movie database doesnt appear on the list either.
i'm sure i am making a basic error.
any help greatly appreciated but pls remember i will probably need walking through it with my hand held.
cheers
Yes, it's already installed and active. It's used as a scraper (wiki) for video (movie) files when you set up your video library (wiki).

It's not an add-on as in one you use to look up information yourself (if you want to do that, use a web browser and go to their site www.themoviedb.org). Basically what it does is look through your movie files stored on your local media sources and gathers the metadata information for the movie based on its filename.

Hope that's a bit clearer - if there's any other questions then post here. But you may also want to read the notes for the first time user (wiki), especially the bits about adding stuff to the libraries.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
the movie database0