Timeout increase (new Advanced Setting)
Question 
Hi,
I need to increase the timeout that XBMSP takes to open a file from a network, can anybody tell me where is the setting to make this adjustment, looking for it to be adjusted 60 seconds wait as the drive I have that has all my files is slow and XBMC doesn't like waiting long for the initial packet.

Please help.

Thanks.
ok, found the settings in ccxclient.h file and is defined as
#define CCXSTREAM_CLIENT_TIMEOUT_SECONDS 10

any developer willing to give me a hand and increase it to
#define CCXSTREAM_CLIENT_TIMEOUT_SECONDS 60

or better yet, make it a setting in the XML so that I can see what value best fits my case ?
my Jukebox has to unload what it has and load the new CD in its place and takes some time in loading and spinning up to a readable state, by the time its ready to start dish'n out the file the Xbox has stopped waiting for the file (if I restart the client request again then all is fine and it begins to stream the file). So any help with this timeout would be great... (I don't want to use samba, as I can't control some things that I can using xbmsp server, like switching to different slots in the jukebox for example).

thanks in advance for your help.
patch welcome - you're the one that needs this no?
spiff Wrote:patch welcome - you're the one that needs this no?

Being a NOOB!, i have no idea how todo this... but I guess it's time.
can you provide me a link where I can start ?

Thanks.
do the required changes, then upload the diff against head on our patch tracker @ http://sf.net/projects/xbmc

some code pointers: g_advancedsettings, Settings.cpp. you can probably pretty much clone the smb one.
http://xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.ph...it_a_patch
http://xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.ph...ment_Notes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Got an issue, hoping some-one can help.

can anybody confirm that by adjusting this setting
CCXSTREAM_CLIENT_TIMEOUT_SECONDS 10 to 60 it really will wait/pause that long during a request thru CCX to open a file.

I'm not getting the expected result, and I'm thinking that this might not be the setting as I originally thought.. anybody can confirm that this is the correct entry I need to adjust ? and/or what else needs to happen for it to pause during the first initial request of xbmsp to open a given file.

I know this prolly a simple thing, but being NOOB I can't seem to get this setting to reflect properly on the pausing, it still is taking 10sec which is making think that I need to adjust some else.

Thanks again for your help.
Nevermind... found the issue.. libxbmsp is a separate module that needs to be recompiled before the main project.
Sad 
Hello !
I would like to post this bug:
When I want to access to a PC network ressource (FTP, SMB) with my Xbox, if the network doesn't answer after 10s, XBMC show an error message that it is impossible to connect to this ressource, whereas if I retry it, I can access to it.
Problem is depedent of my PC's hard-drive status, if my hdd are sleeping, then when XBMC tries to connect to them, they are waking up, but XBMC doesn't wait enough time(10s) and show this error message...but if I try to access network again, then it will be ok because PC's hdd are awaking...

So I would like to know how I can increase this timeout? (maybe an option for this would be great!).
I don't find any parameters for that in the .xml files, so I finally decide to post this here..
Sorry for my english! (I'm french)
Forget to mention that I use always the last T3CH build, so actually I'm with XBMC 17-09-2007 SVN rev10259 build - T3CH ...
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...3Csamba.3E

dont stream using ftp its silly.
Smile 
spiff=>don't worry, the FTP was only for testing purpose! Laugh, I use only SMB for streaming Big Grin

Thank you very much !!!
The Advanced Settings works very well, and I'm happy now :p
There are many interesting hidden options I think I will use!

Thanks again!!! Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timeout increase (new Advanced Setting)0