Win DTS-High Resolution. What's the score?
Hi there.
I have a blu ray with what MakeMKV displayed as DTS High Resolution Audio. It's listed as 8 channels 48,000Hz 24 bits. I assumed that this was just a different name for DTS HD Master audio, but when I play the file and select the correct audio track it's playing as standard DTS according to my AVR (Onkyo tx-rz800).
1) Is this correct?
2) If not, is there a way I can get it playing as DTS HD Master by perhaps editing the audio properties?
3) If that's not an option. It's a 3D blu ray, and 2D disc that came with it has DTS HD Master audio. Could that be extracted and added to the 3D file?

As always any help is much appreciated.

John
DTS High Resolution Audio is something different from DTS-HD MA, see http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=41820

Not exactly sure what we do with DTS-HD HR to know if what you're seeing is expected, there's a possibility we don't support passthrough of DTS-HD HR, will need to see if I've a sample with DTS-HD HR at home.
Hi,

sorry to dig up this old thread. I am using Kodi Jarvis on Windows 10 (Intel HD graphics) as well as the wetek hub S905 amlogic box with a 2015 model Denon avr that is capable of all audio formats including atmos and dts:x.

Passthrough of AC3, TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD MA and atmos work just fine, but I just noticed that Kodi Jarvis does not bitstream the DTS HRA format. Only the 5.1 DTS core is sent to the avr. This is the same on Windows 10 as well as the wetek hub. Is this a limitation of Kodi Jarvis? Is there any setting I could check?
Is this a Denon AVR by chance? If yes - their latest FW update "broke" something. I informed them and linked our Parser ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
This is mine: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01GQ85...UTF8&psc=1 - and yeah I had a Marantz before that and all DTS-whatever stuff was nicely identified. The Denon broken it via the DTS-X SW update. Now DTS-X work, but (nearly) all the rest only shows DTS while kodi transmit all 8 channels and all extra data.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi fritsch,

yes it is a Denon avr (earlier version of yours, AVR X1200W), and I installed the DTS:X update. Even with the update, my samples of DTS, DTS-HD MA, DTS-ES (never tried DTS:X) identify properly and play with the correct speaker assignments. Only with the HRA stream, only DTS is shown in the display, and only 5.1 data is played.

Would not thought the avr to be the source of the problem. Thank you very much for the information.
Denon support told: "But, but, but it works PowerDVD". I sent them a link to our IEC Packer of the DTS(HD) data and they forwarded it to their support. Let's see what happens.
I just noticed that I can get the older firmware on the denon website. I might downgrade, as I currently do not have any DTS:X audio. Re-doing all the settings might be a pain, though...
Fwiw, I got this Denon a few weeks ago https://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-S920W-C...=AVR-S720W

The 1st thing I did was the firmware update. You are correct. DTS-HD HR decodes to DTS only. It does this using the Kodi player and PowerDVD. All other formats are perfect with the exception of FLAC. It decodes as DTS-HD MA. That might be a setting I have wrong though?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Looks like a problem with the lower-end Denon receivers. I have no problem with my Denon X6200W (with the DTS:X update). DTS-HD High Resoltuion Audio plays correctly.
Do you know of any DTS-HD HR movie releases?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2016-12-26, 23:47)brazen1 Wrote: Do you know of any DTS-HD HR movie releases?
Nope, I just have 4 clips from various DTS Demo discs.
(2016-12-26, 23:47)brazen1 Wrote: Do you know of any DTS-HD HR movie releases?

German blu-rays sometimes have the German audio as DTS-HRA 7.1; the English audio is then DTS HD-MA 7.1.

I noticed it with Pirates of the Caribbean 4 and Zoomania (engl.: Zootopia).

It bothers me as I own a 7.1 speaker setup and the DTS core is 5.1 only.
dd if=yourfile of=sampleforweks05totry bs=1M count =50

Make wesk05 a sample please.
I actually found one movie in my collection that has DTS-HD High Resolution Audio 7.1 : Disney's Bambi Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-High Resolution. What's the score?0