TheTVDB scraper is confused
Greetings

I have just moved to Kodi from WMC/Emby and migrated over my libraries.

I am having a really strange problem with the TVDB scraper. My library has 119 series meticulously organized by the Emby server. When I set Kodi to scan this library, it claims to have found "Scream: The TV Series (en)" which does not even exist in the library and proceeds to add it to the database. This goes on for a long time and it never finds any of the series which actually do exist.

This happens on Kodi Jarvis and Krypton on Windows and on OpenELEC Jarvis. Storage is on a Windows 2012r2 server.

I suspected there might be junk files on the server so I removed every single NFO, XML, JPG, PNG and other non-video file, moved the entire library to a different share, and added it to Kodi again. Same thing. All it finds is "Scream: The TV Series (en)".

Both Emby and Plex find everything correctly.

This has me pulling my hair in bewilderment. Can someone help?

TIA
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Check you've set the content correctly (TV shows, Movies etc) on the source and that you're pointing it at the correct level in the directory file structure.

I think this finding commonly occurs if it's set up wrongly, or at the wrong level. It's been reported before.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
What does your kodi.log file say?

How does emby organise your content, does it use the same naming convention as Kodi/are your files named how Kodi needs them to be named?

What did you do when you moved your files, did you clean the Kodi database before you reset the new source and set the content again?
(2016-08-01, 12:49)bilgepump Wrote: What does your kodi.log file say?

How does emby organise your content, does it use the same naming convention as Kodi/are your files named how Kodi needs them to be named?

What did you do when you moved your files, did you clean the Kodi database before you reset the new source and set the content again?

Log file here

Emby organizes the same way as Kodi and even creates NFOs as per Kodi guidelines, but in any case I emptied the entire directory structure of all non-video files and started from scratch. Example of how the files are organized (metadata scaped by Emby):

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
  <plot>27 years after a virus wipes out most of humanity, scientists send James Cole back to 2015 to stop the plague from ever happening. Cole's only lead is virologist Dr. Cassandra Railly, who knows the dangerous source of the outbreak.</plot>
  <outline />
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2015-01-26 12:20:44</dateadded>
  <title>Splinter</title>
  <originaltitle>Splinter</originaltitle>
  <director>Jon Cassar</director>
  <writer>Terry Matalas</writer>
  <writer>Travis Fickett</writer>
  <credits>Terry Matalas</credits>
  <credits>Travis Fickett</credits>
  <rating>7.5</rating>
  <year>2015</year>
  <imdbid>tt4135892</imdbid>
  <tvdbid>4961780</tvdbid>
  <votes>48</votes>
  <runtime>47</runtime>
  <art>
    <poster>V:\ServerFolders\TV Series\12 Monkeys\Season 01\S01E01 - Splinter-thumb.jpg</poster>
  </art>
  <isuserfavorite>false</isuserfavorite>
  <playcount>0</playcount>
  <watched>false</watched>
  <resume>
    <position>0</position>
    <total>2831.457</total>
  </resume>
  <actor>
    <name>Ramon De Ocampo</name>
    <type>GuestStar</type>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Robert Wisdom</name>
    <type>GuestStar</type>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Zeljko Ivanek</name>
    <type>GuestStar</type>
    <thumb>C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\People\Z\Zeljko Ivanek\poster.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Bill Timoney</name>
    <type>GuestStar</type>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Mark Boyd</name>
    <type>GuestStar</type>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>ShaTyrah Dexter</name>
    <type>GuestStar</type>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Harry Wetzel</name>
    <type>GuestStar</type>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Julie Sifuentes Etheridge</name>
    <type>GuestStar</type>
  </actor>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <season>1</season>
  <aired>2015-01-16</aired>
  <DVD_episodenumber>1</DVD_episodenumber>
  <DVD_season>1</DVD_season>
  <absolute_number>1</absolute_number>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <micodec>h264</micodec>
        <bitrate>5566084</bitrate>
        <width>1920</width>
        <height>1080</height>
        <aspect>16:9</aspect>
        <aspectratio>16:9</aspectratio>
        <framerate>24</framerate>
        <language>eng</language>
        <scantype>progressive</scantype>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
        <duration>47</duration>
        <durationinseconds>2831</durationinseconds>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <codec>ac3</codec>
        <micodec>ac3</micodec>
        <bitrate>384000</bitrate>
        <language>eng</language>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <samplingrate>48000</samplingrate>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
      </audio>
      <subtitle>
        <codec>srt</codec>
        <micodec>srt</micodec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <default>False</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
      </subtitle>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
</episodedetails>

Kodi puts up the following while scanning. No other title is mentioned:

Here is the early part of the scan where it thinks it has found "Scream"

Code:
12:57:29 T:10320   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanStarted from xbmc
12:57:29 T:10320   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnScanStarted
12:57:29 T:5448   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'smb://VL-SRVR/TV Series/'
12:57:29 T:5448   DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'TV Series' using The TVDB scraper (path: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\metadata.tvdb.com', content: 'tvshows', version: '1.8.4')
12:57:29 T:5448   DEBUG: scraper: CreateSearchUrl returned <url cache="cache-TV%20Series-en.xml">http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=TV%20Series&amp;language=en</url>
12:57:29 T:5448   DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(1049C708) http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=TV%20Series&language=en
12:57:29 T:5448    INFO: XCURL::DllLibCurlGlobal::easy_aquire - Created session to http://thetvdb.com
12:57:29 T:5448   DEBUG: CScraperUrl::Get: Using "UTF-8" charset for XML "http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=TV%20Series&language=en"
12:57:29 T:5448   DEBUG: scraper: GetSearchResults returned <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?><results><entity><title>Scream: The TV Series</title><language>en</language><url cache="294417-en.xml">http://thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/294417/all/en.zip</url><id>294417</id></entity><entity><title>Spider-Man (1978)</title><language>en</language><url cache="147681-en.xml">http://thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/147681/all/en.zip</url><id>147681</id></entity></results>
12:57:29 T:5448   DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::GetVideoDetails: Reading movie 'http://thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/294417/all/en.zip' using The TVDB scraper (file: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\metadata.tvdb.com', content: 'tvshows', version: '1.8.4')
12:57:29 T:5448   DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(1049C708) http://thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/294417/all/en.zip
12:57:29 T:5448   DEBUG: CScraperUrl::Get: Archive "http://thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/294417/all/en.zip" was unpacked in memory

After the scan has completed the series section contains only 1 item:

and each "season" of this non-existing season lists pretty much every episode from the actual library :

Note that there is not a single occurrence of the word "scream" anywhere among my files . Where does Kodi get it from?
are you still using emby ?
(2016-08-01, 14:25)politby Wrote: Note that there is not a single occurrence of the word "scream" anywhere among my files . Where does Kodi get it from?

See my post above. In your very top level you have a folder "TV Series" (with 11.22.63 and 12 Monkeys are the first two sub-level folders). The "TV series" folder is being scanned as you've probably got it set up that that folder "contains a single TV series" in the scraper options (ie that you're scraping the folder level above it as the top level for the scraper). And if you feed "TV Series" to TheTVDB.com, the closest match result it comes back with is the "Scream: The TV Series" show that it's finding and applying.

Go into the set content menu of the TV Series folder and untick the "Contains a single TV series" (or something like that) option and scrape again. Basically the level in the structure which contains the shows themselves (e.g. the 12 Monkeys folder in your screenshot above and everything at that level) should have the tick box set, but anything higher up should have it unticked or else you'll see exactly the problem that you are here. Sub-folders (e.g. ones for individual series or backdrops and other artwork etc) aren't an issue as long as everything relates to the same show as the highest level one with the tick box set.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-08-01, 14:43)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 14:25)politby Wrote: Note that there is not a single occurrence of the word "scream" anywhere among my files . Where does Kodi get it from?

See my post above. In your very top level you have a folder "TV Series" (with 11.22.63 and 12 Monkeys are the first two sub-level folders). The "TV series" folder is being scanned as you've probably got it set up that that folder "contains a single TV series" in the scraper options (ie that you're scraping the folder level above it as the top level for the scraper). And if you feed "TV Series" to TheTVDB.com, the closest match result it comes back with is the "Scream: The TV Series" show that it's finding and applying.

Go into the set content menu of the TV Series folder and untick the "Contains a single TV series" (or something like that) option and scrape again.

What do you know. Stupid noob mistake. I had interpreted "Contains a single TV series" as referring to the folders below the selected root folder, not the root folder itself.

What is the thinking behind this option?
(2016-08-01, 14:33)bry- Wrote: are you still using emby ?

Because of the problem - now solved - I had to set Kodi to "local information only" and have Emby monitor the folders.
It's how the scraper interaction works. The show itself is defined by the naming of the top level folder, and the actual episodes are defined by the filenames within it (or within sub-folders inside it) based on the normal SxxExx format somewhere in the name. Otherwise you'd have to have both series full name and episode information in each filename, which could get rather long and awkward in some cases I guess.

You aren't the first to have this problem, hence I recognised it from past occurrences.

Kodi Blog Posts
@politby - a much easier solution is to use the emby for kodi add-on.

blow away the kodi library and follow these instructions : https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.v...Repository
Thanks ! DarrenHill, now Iget it :-) right folder name,then as long as the S01E01 bit is right, everything else just works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheTVDB scraper is confused0