'idalbum' field in database keeps getting modifed
I like to use the ‘recently added music’ section of Kodi for selecting things I’ve recently downloaded.

I’ve notice before, seemingly at random, a few hundred older albums will get added to ‘recently added’.

Just recently I noticed it happening again, so I downloaded an SQL database editor the field ‘idalbum’ on older albums was being changed to newer ones. I edited the relevant albums - fixing the problem.

A few weeks later it has happened again, with a whole new set of albums over night. I've checked the relevant files and none are showing as recently modifed.

What could be causing this?

Before:

After:

bump
This is a music issue, so moved here.

Version of Kodi?

But both vidoeo and music libraries have been designed with a delete/insert approach to updates, so any changes to an album will cause it to get a new ID. Not sure what change is happening though, that will depend on other settings and maybe addons, and what version of Kodi.
(2016-08-07, 11:25)DaveBlake Wrote: This is a music issue, so moved here.

Version of Kodi?

But both vidoeo and music libraries have been designed with a delete/insert approach to updates, so any changes to an album will cause it to get a new ID. Not sure what change is happening though, that will depend on other settings and maybe addons, and what version of Kodi.

14.2. I haven't upgraded because when I do it breaks Kodi (I've started a thread here and no one was able to help).

Hmm. Well the inexplicable part is the fact none of the relevant files are being modified according to Windows.
(2016-08-08, 13:20)dadsickle Wrote: 14.2. I haven't upgraded because when I do it breaks Kodi (I've started a thread here and no one was able to help).

Hmm. Well the inexplicable part is the fact none of the relevant files are being modified according to Windows.

Sorry I don't have time to dig back and see what Helix may be doing.

As for upgrade issues, because I believe upgrading version is your way forwards,where is that thread?
(2016-08-10, 10:23)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2016-08-08, 13:20)dadsickle Wrote: 14.2. I haven't upgraded because when I do it breaks Kodi (I've started a thread here and no one was able to help).

Sorry I don't have time to dig back and see what Helix may be doing.

As for upgrade issues, because I believe upgrading version is your way forwards,where is that thread?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=262819
Still having the issue after it subsiding for a bit. I'll replace the mymusic database with the back and for a day or two it will remain unchanged. Then it adds the same albums again. Double checked, the 'last modified' and 'file created' fields are several years ago for any of the files just added to recently added albums.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'idalbum' field in database keeps getting modifed0