Req Custom fields / Filter by country / Folders ignore
Hi again,
After using TMM for a couple of days, I am very happy with it.
That being said, there are a couple of features that I think would make it even better. It is possible that I haven't looked deeply enough and that some of these features already exist, if so, sorry about it.

- Custom fields:
It would be nice to have a couple more fields available. For example, for my movie database, I use 4 different TITLE fields: Original Title, English Title, French Title, Chinese Title (I am French and live in China). At the moment, I could just add these fields by hand after exporting from TMM, but it would be nice to have it in TMM directly.

- Filter by country:
If I'm not mistaken, there is no way to filter by country atm using TMM filter. That would be a nice addition.
Also, but that's another thing, it would be nice to have the country full name instead of country code (but maybe that's a Kodi related issue. As I don't use Kodi, I wouldn't know).

- Ignore folders:
I see it's possible to ignore specific folder via the settings.
I also see (on the forum), that you can add a .tmmignore file in a folder for it to be ignored by tmm (I have yet to try that. does it ignore subfolders as well ? does it work on windows ?).
But it would be nice to have the software automatically ignore all folders with a specific name. I always store Extras in a subfolder named [EXTRAS] inside the movie folder. If I could just plain ignore any folder with that name...

- Bulk edit:
Last suggestion: improving the bulk edit.
It's probably a more difficult thing to implement, but it would be nice to be able to bulk edit any field. Features like replacing a value by another value in this field or that field. For example, bulk replace a tag, or bulk remove all trailers...

I hope I'm not being an ass requesting all these things. I'm not requesting, just making some suggestions, things to add to the to-do list if it makes sense to you. Although I just started using TMM, I found it suits most of my needs (I have used dozens of similar apps). I will definitely donate if I choose to keep using TMM. Thanks.
new ideas are always welcome Smile
We have so much planned, but only little time... so things are getting slowly...

1)
custom fields... well, yes, if you only want to store them for yourself, we could add a simple table as key=value pairs..

2)
country is currently saved as string 1:1 - so you could basically add everything here (since it is used diefferently on every site)
(might be changed in future)

3)
yes, tmmignore/.tmmignore can be set on any folder, and everything beyond is ignored
Kodi/Plex and other MediaCenters have already a naming definition for "extra" folder, which is ignored (or detected as such)
see http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras...Exclusions
or "local extras" https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/article...ets-Movies
You might rethink your naming convention Wink

4)
yes, could be quite improved ^^
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Thank you for your answer.

1) I'd love to see custom fields in a next release !

2) countries.
At the moment, there is no way to search or filter by country, or at least I didn't find any. This is an important feature in my opinion, especially since there are many less important (again, in my opinion) filters available.

3) I will use the tmmignore files, until I find a better solution. I'm not a big fan of the way Kodi seems to be handling extras and I'm used to just throw whatever related material I find in the [EXTRAS] folder I create.

4) Bulk edit: Until you guys find time to work on this aspect of the software, do you have any suggestion to quickly edit some fields ? For example, if I wanted to change all the "fr" value in the country field by "France", without having to edit each entry one by one ?
3) just rename [extras] folder to "extras" - problem solved...?

4) no, not possible atm...
(2016-08-02, 11:22)myron Wrote: 3) just rename [extras] folder to "extras" - problem solved...?

Really ? That would work.
Based on a quick look at the links you posted earlier, i thought these were the usual subfolders for extras under kodi:

Behind The Scenes
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Interviews
Scenes
Shorts
Trailers
yap, these work additionally (for Plex)
But TMM & Kodi are pretty aware of the /extras/ folder Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom fields / Filter by country / Folders ignore0